How did you do in 2014?

Discussion in 'Trade Journals & Stock Tips' started by crimsonghost747, Jan 4, 2015.

1. SamClemensMT

SamClemensMT Well-Known Member

I'll just say it was an okay year. It could have been better, but it definitely could have been worst. 2015 I hope will be just as good or better. Hopefully the market doesn't do anything too unpredictable.

2. Turbolag

Turbolag Active Member

I'm the same way man, I don't have a large sum to invest. But 2014 investment wise was not bad. I used tips that I found here, and also annoyed one of the members here constantly with PM's, haha.

I'm a rookie, so I was just happy to play the game.

3. gracer

gracer Senior Investor

2014 was a better year for me so far as compared to 2013. I have invested in agriculture for both years and 2013 did not gain me much profit. Good thing things started to catch up by the middle of 2014. I'm optimistic about the current year and hopefully my investment will yield bigger.

4. Michland

Michland Member

2014 was the first year where I could break-even after a few years of consistently losing and I am pretty happy about the development. The start in 2015 has been very promising too and I am looking to see what's in for me this year.

5. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

Despite having to taking a mandatory IRA withdrawal, 2014 was good for a 14.5% increase in value. Not exciting, but no complaints here.

6. mwin43587

mwin43587 Guest

2014 is a good year but not the best one for. Some of my stocks went down and some soars up. But then I still feel so much happy about my portfolio, I am hoping that we can all succeed and someday become the greatest investors.

7. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

2014 for me was a pretty successful year to be honest. 2015 hasn't started off in the same way but I'm still in profit across all the markets and so I'm not going to complain.

Investments are always up and down and you have to look at the long term picture, not just about making a fast buck.

8. PipCurrencies

PipCurrencies Well-Known Member

I started my FOREX business in April 2014 with $4500. With about $30,000 in loans I had increased to some $130,000 by October. Twice I realized over $20k in a month. It was an awesome ride!

Then the Swiss flooded their economy with dollars and my margin couldn't stand it. I lost $98k+ in October.

That was an expensive education but well worth it. I am up 285% this year and have a new-and-improved conservative strategy.

Great fun!

9. moneyman

moneyman Well-Known Member

It was a good year for me since I made almost 10% profit in my investments. However, this year didn't start well although it has been better towards the end.