How Do I Choose Stocks For Intraday Trading?

Discussion in 'General Trading Discussion' started by Namita Patel, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Namita Patel

Namita Patel Active Member

Hello, I am planning to start trading. Is there any better way to choose a right stock?

2. DanielH

DanielH Active Member

In the coming months, the pace of economic growth in the Eurozone could slow down. That is, according to the IHS Markit report on the Eurozone for July, published today at 11:00 (GMT+3). The preliminary PMI composite from IHS Markit shows a decline to 54.3, down from 54.9 in June, marking one of the lowest values seen on this index in 2 years.

July’s report also suggests that economic activity in the Eurozone will decline further in August due to the fact that fewer orders have been received by European manufacturers. Because of this, expectations from European business representatives are at a near two-year low.

On the back of this latest research, IHS Markit reckons that the Eurozone’s economy will grow by 0.4% if Q3 (QoQ), down from 0.5% (QoQ) in Q2.

Having looked at today’s IHS Markit report for July, it seems to me that Eurozone economic growth is starting to stagnate. The high growth rates of 0.7 – 0.8% QoQ seen at the beginning of 2017 are unlikely to be repeated in the next few months. As such, for the near future, I don’t see any strong growth prospects for the single currency, the likes of which were seen at the end of last year. See more forex market analysis in Alpari.com

3. Chartman

Chartman Senior Investor

Is the original poster not lookling for stock ideas as opposed to currency suggestions?

When trading stocks, in my experience, you need to keep an eye on those ones showing strength before their results. This, to me, implies that news has been leaked and there may be good news on the way. It is all about relative strength when trading.

One word of warning, when trading make sure you get out before the profit takers come in and the stock price turns down.

4. Namita Patel

Namita Patel Active Member

I am glad that you replied but can you tell me more about the takers and how do they turns down the stock prices?