How Far Would You Go To Get Vengeance?

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Rainman, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

I'm sure everyone has been wronged by people they trusted and at one time thoughts of vengeance have crossed their minds. Fear of what might follow acts as a deterrent to most people which is good because one gains nothing from revenge.

There's one site whose sole goal is to help people "settle scores." They offer "devastatingly" effective revenge services which range from: sending voodoo dolls to the target, photoshop photos to humiliate that person, make nuisance calls, etc. What do you think of such sites? Would you use their services?

2. L_B

L_B Well-Known Member

There are some people who have wronged me greatly and I pray they will have their day but I would never go out of my way to seek revenge against them. I can only hope that their on conscience will torture them. They know what they have done and they have to live with themselves and I do believe their day will come. I would never use a service that like that but I can see where a site like this would probably do quite well. Some people just need to feel some sort of satisfaction for the way they were treated. To each their own, it people want to use it then I see nothing wrong with it!

3. MakeDollarsSense

MakeDollarsSense Well-Known Member

Vengeance is such a strong word to describe getting someone back for something they've done to you. I might take revenge in a certain situation, but for the most part I forgive and let be. Vengeance just sounds a little insidious.

4. Corzhens

Corzhens Senior Investor

I agree that we are humans and we sometimes take the law into our hands. But there is that line in the Bible which says vengeance is not ours and only God has the right to it. So I would say that let's leave vengeance to God and try to forgive and forget not for the sake of your enemy but for your own sake. As they say, move on to another chapter by leaving the past, let bygones be bygones. Planning a revenge has a negative effect on one's mental condition.

5. Alex

Alex Senior Investor

These sites aren't a good idea, because you are lowering yourself to their levels. Spells, making nuisance calls, sending spam etc are what kids do because they don't know any better. I heard of sites where vengeful exes posted compromising photos to embarrass their ex partners and that's just spiteful and it did ruin many people's lives and humiliate them. It's not a good idea, because people will know who did it and really how can anyone respect someone who stoops that low?

6. manoharb

manoharb Senior Investor

when i was 16 years old, I want vengeance against many people and many classmates. Still I remember that day, when i was sat alone in 1 corner of my college and deciding, how i will take my vengeance and then this thought came in my mind and I exactly did that and started Yoga after that.

Forgive that person from heart, is extreme level of vengeance . To Run away need less strength, To take aggressive revenge need more strength and To forgive need most strength. after all, Karmas decides fate. even you forgave him. he can't run away from his Karmas. so, what's point in showing aggression ?

If i took aggressive vengeance Govt.'s law and order is there .
    If i run away, it will make me more weak and sick.
    If i forgive him from heart, It will make me more stronger inside.

If i run away, i will be a coward in my own eyes.
    If i took aggressive vengeance, i am criminal for society.
    If i forgive him, I will get more stronger inside.

so, I preferred last choice. and Today, my choice made my life better than before.

So , best vengeance is forgive.

7. TheApollonian

TheApollonian Well-Known Member

I'm trying to expel any kind of extreme emotion in my life in the spirit of Buddhist philosophy, the Art of Mindfulness and a minimalist lifestyle. I no longer want to get angry at people, I no longer want to feel envy or sorrow although I know it's impossible. I'd never try to hurt anyone intentionally especially these days so no, vengeance had not been in my mind. I don't wish vengeance even upon my worst bully or the people who wronged me. I think it's wise to forgive and forget. Kindness is my religion.

8. Susimi

Susimi Senior Investor

I really depends on the situation but I tend to let things die down. I'm a pretty non-aggressive person, keep myself to myself and try to not get involved with drama from people so I just try to let things die. If someone attempts to wrong me or if I spot the signs I take myself away from the situation.

9. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

Trying to get vengeance via a site that won't hesitate to blackmail someone places you in the line of fire. The same people who you think might be helping you settle a score could use the information you give them to blackmail you. In any case vengeance won't change anything. The only way to get rid of the feelings that make you feel angry each time you remember something someone did is to banish the thoughts from your mind.

10. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

Again, I'll also have to say it all depends on what's happened in the past to make you want to get revenge and not forgive, forget and move on.

Sometimes people do take things to seriously and while in some circumstances they will have a right to seek vengeance, most of the time it's better to let things go and just move on with life.