How is the real-estate market in your area?

Discussion in 'Buying & Selling Real Estate' started by springbreeze, Jul 31, 2014.

1. springbreeze

springbreeze Well-Known Member

It's hard to know what is truth with all these shady polls and news reports coming out. So, I'd love to know how the market is doing around the US (and the world).

I know here in Florida, the housing market was hit really bad. A few years ago, I took a road trip down the west coast of Florida and was surprised how many ghost towns were created because of the crash. It's starting to pick up. Slowly. Prices are also starting to increase. What about you and your area?

2. Muthoni

Muthoni Guest

The real estate market is very lucrative where I come from. The other day, a program on the radio was sponsored by an organization that buys large amounts of land to build houses in a gated community setting to sell to the masses. They invite individuals to invest with them; the investors receive a good return every month from the money put in.

3. Glcameron

Glcameron Well-Known Member

I live in Virginia, which is primarily Military, so the real estate is decent but you have to deal with the overall bug of flooding and the fact that the school demographic changes drastically based on the area around here. There are quite a few newly enlisted individuals whom want to purchase a home but they realize they don't have the capital for it. It's good but bad here because there is also a bunch of competition. So .. eh

4. Investor

Investor Well-Known Member

I live in Jamaica and the current real estate market is welcoming. If you want to have a house in the middle middle class area, be prepared to spend US$150,000. If you want to live in an upper middle class community, that's around $250,000-$300,000 USD, upper class homes range from $400,000 to over a million US, so the market is nice and welcoming.

5. jason

jason Guest

I live outside of Atlanta, GA and it's fair. Not great but not absolutely terrible. I wouldn't recommend investing in it at this time.

6. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

In my area the real estate market is strongly contracting, there are not many sales and the prices are dropping, the crisis doesn't want to go away.