How long do you take to decide?

Discussion in 'Buying & Selling Real Estate' started by Investor, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

When I used to rent it never too k me long to decide whether the apartment was good enough for me or not. If it wasn't I'd be honest, tell the landlord or caretaker showing me round that it was the last time they were seeing me. Why keep someone waiting when you know you haven't the intention of renting the apartment or house?

2. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

It depends on the circumstances really. I've bought 2 houses and the first one we went looking at two in one day, the first one neither of us liked but the second one we both loved and made an offer there and then.

We lived there for about eight ears then wanted to move again. The second time though we must have looked at about fifteen different properties over a 4 month time period before we eventually found one, so there's no hard and fast rule. Your either lucky or your not, depending on what you want.

3. Corzhens

Corzhens Senior Investor

We are procrastinators when it comes to decision in buying or renting, not only of dwelling but even in appliances. But when we moved to the apartment (from my husband's ancestral home) it was due to my husband's rift with his siblings. So it was like an emergency move that we took the first apartment we had prospected. And when the landlord asked us for the reason of renting, my husband told the truth. And maybe we don't look like criminals so the landlord agreed and had us sign the lease contract.