How many hours so you prefer to sleep every night?

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by shilpa123, Jan 6, 2015.

1. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

Don't you love that fact about working at home? the hours rest in your hands :)...i don't think i'll be seeking formal employment anytime soon, working at home is everything i need...sort of a dream come true. ;)

2. queenbellevue

queenbellevue Well-Known Member

10 hours a day for me. I can function okay with less, but thankfully these days my schedule a whole lot more lax and I find enough time to sleep properly

3. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

8 hours are perfect for me, but if I sleep just 7 I manage ok as well. Less than that can be a problem for me though.

4. LK57

LK57 Guest

I'm a 'you'll have plenty of time to sleep when you're dead' type.57 now,some studies suggest that the need diminishes over time,wouldn't know much about that as always have been 'work/play hard' type since mid-20s,5 average,6 feels good,7-8 sluggish unless it follows an all-nighter......

5. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

I go to bed at 11:00 pm or thereabouts. I may fall asleep after 30 minutes but should I wake up then I won't go back to sleep. Normally I get about 3 hours of sleep before that happens but I don't get up immediately. I lie in bed like everyone else until 7:00 in the morning so my body can get the rest it needs.

6. wahmed

wahmed Well-Known Member

Sleep for me is a gift. I find the earlier I wake the less groggy I get. The thing that really ebbs away at my sleep is my daughters need to cuddle with me. It stops me from shifting positions giving me horrible back pains.

7. workinglady20

workinglady20 Well-Known Member

I get about 7 hours of sleep at night but there are times when I stay up all night but I don't do that all the time. I really do get enough sleep at night and I feel good when I wake up. I work from home so sometimes I'll stay awake mostly all night to do my online jobs.

8. Determined2014

Determined2014 Guest

I preffer to get eight hours of sleep, I have all the time to sleep eight hours but the problem is , I sometimes suffer from insomnia, so I end up just laying there or getting up, since it becomes so frustrating.

9. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

3 hours of sleep?...and you are certain that is enough for you?...i have you tried sleep inducing drugs...just asking, in my case 3 hours sleep is too little, i'll be destructive the next day :(

10. Profit5500

Profit5500 Senior Investor

I stay away from sleep-inducing drugs since they can have a bad chain reaction in your body. If you take them good luck with those side-effects. I always sleep regularly without any pills.