How Many Traders Use Graph Trends When Looking At Possible Investments?

Discussion in 'General Trading Discussion' started by gowiththeflow, Mar 25, 2018.

1. gowiththeflow

gowiththeflow Senior Investor

I would be interested to learn how many traders use graph trends when looking to buy or sell a stock. If so, what kind of influence does it have over you eventual decision?

2. kirtimeliwal

kirtimeliwal Senior Investor

Many traders prefer graphs to gain the market overview and market performance statistics. However, many traders do not understand the technical graphs and analysis.

3. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

I'm not much of a chartist, although they can be useful in the short term when considering entry / exit points.

4. Chartman

Chartman Senior Investor

Personally I think charts are an interesting element of the overall investment decision when considering a particular stock, sector or even a market. Surprisingly, support and resistance levels do tend to work but maybe this is just a self-fulfilling prophecy if enough people believe in moving average trendlines?

5. longtermbull

longtermbull Administrator Staff Member

Personally anything which gives me a greater insight into a share/share price will be considered. Whether we like it or not there is a role which graphs and support/resistance levels have to play in all this. Surely we would be foolish not to use this?

Tags: