How much do you need?

Discussion in '401k, IRA and Retirement' started by Rosyrain, Oct 28, 2014.

1. caparica007

caparica007 Well-Known Member

I don't have a clue of how much I need simply because I can't save anything, so I'll worry about that later, I hope it's not too late.

2. Determined2014

Determined2014 Guest

I believe that it will all depend on the lifestyle that you are used to living right now and the lifestyle that you would want to live when you rtetire, that is what will determine the amount that youare going to need.

3. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Senior Investor

I gave about 35 years left until I retire, but it seems like I will never get to a good money number. I imagine that I will need more than 5 a month by the time I get to that age and it seems like a lot if money to try to save. Even with profit from investments I am scared I will never make it to where I need to be.

4. Strykstar

Strykstar Well-Known Member

It's better to start sooner rather than later, but you're right, it's never too late to start saving towards your retirement it's better late than never, leaving with no safety net in your twilight years.

5. Peninha

Peninha Senior Investor

In the condition most countries are, unless we start saving now we will be in serious trouble, we might get to retirement and don't have anything to live from.