How much does landscaping really add to a property?

Discussion in 'Buying & Selling Real Estate' started by Francy, May 14, 2014.

1. Investor

Investor Well-Known Member

I would disagree with the majority on the finding that landscaping adds economic value to your home, my reason is this, some homes only have the lawn as their biggest part of the property next to the house, if on a particular day the lawn was not manicured, will the value of the property decrease? Similarly, if the lawn then gets manicured, will the value of the property increase? I think not.

2. Kael

Kael Guest

Curb appeal does raise the value of the home and it adds to the value of the neighborhood. Our home has Cedar trees, one Oak tree, Rose bushes, Wild African Strawberries, Blueberry Bushes, pepper bushes and so, on. We gather certain pieces to sell to florists and we make wreaths. So, our garden creates it's own income, which adds to the resale value. Landscaping became very important for us when we lost our jobs a while back.

3. karmaskeeper

karmaskeeper Member

I agree a well manicured yard adds appeal to property. I know several people that have built new homes. They haven't added any type of landscaping, and it looks so plain. I just want to go up and knock on the door, and say what is the hold up. Where is the color? Why haven't you put in effort in to the yard? The house is nice the land not so much.

4. shilpa123

shilpa123 Banned

I believe that landscape is really important while buying a good home. Landscape adds to the beauty of the place and is very useful to soothe your soul. It can make your home look like a paradise and for the best.

5. healthandfitness

healthandfitness Well-Known Member

I was once told by an appraiser that landscaping can easily add about $15,000 or more to the value of a property. I have done landscaping and have seen it add to the value considerably.

6. shilpa123

shilpa123 Banned

I really believe that landscape is quite useful when compared to just having an empty boring house. It is integral part of the house and makes for a fine living. I believe it can be totally useful in every way.