How Risky is Online Forex Trading?

Discussion in 'Forex - Currencies Forums' started by Rainman, Jul 11, 2014.

1. queenbellevue

queenbellevue Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried that eToro site? It's claiming to be an "investing social media site" where you basically copy what experienced traders do.

2. flourish2post

flourish2post Member

About investing in forex, I would say the required knowledge to trade profitably is more important than the capital to be invested to earn profit. If u have the required knowledge that is proven to help you remain profitable in the market, you will eventually make money with time.

On this note I would advise every beginner to first sought for knowledge by taking courses, read extensively about trading financial instruments, interact with successful traders and trade on a practice account until you start earning consistent profits. Then you can start investing small amounts on a real trading account.

If you can consistently win 3 out of every 5 trades and your anticipated profit to loss ratio is 2:1 on every trade you place, you can turn even $10 to any amount with time.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2016
  3. gracer

gracer Senior Investor

I've been really wanting to try Forex before but I'm getting disinterested with the things I read about it. How exactly does Forex Championship work? I'm quite interested. :)

4. PipCurrencies

PipCurrencies Well-Known Member

I've been trading FOREX for almost two years now, I'm at 295.42% as of today in my FX account.

I have not found it any riskier than other investments - just quicker. If you do not have self control then stick with Vegas as your money may last longer their. Knowing your investment is the key to success but unfortunately too many people do not have a solid strategy for investing in FOREX nor the self control to keep from going broke. Stick with a solid company like FOREX.com. They have been real good to me and they handled the fiasco with the CHF unpegging from the EUR by cancelling many client's debt. A good company that I am proud to be a part of.

5. Onionman

Onionman Senior Investor

The more you study the topic the less it will be about luck and the more it will be about skill. If you go into it blindly then it will certainly be very risky. Education helps you mitigate the risk. Understanding price targets and profit losses helps you mitigate the risk. You've just got to properly understand what you're doing and don't get sucked in by promises of wealth.

6. lani

lani Guest

I have been trading for months and ended losing money. it's only a minimal amount, but of course, it's still money. I was hyped. I guess, i "jumped into fire" without learning some strategies. I was frustrated that i couldn't get my money back. Great lesson on my part. But of course it doesn't mean i will not trade again. I will give myself "A,B,C..". I hope to learn more tips from this forum.

7. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

I think any form of trading is going to be risky, it's just how much of a risk your prepared to take.

Forex seems to be the next big thing that everybody is jumping on, and when something like this comes along, there will always be people that will get their fingers burnt. It doesn't help that on some of the commercials, it's basically aimed at beginners so people think it must be easy, it's only after a loss that they step back and actually look at it, by then though it's usually too late.

8. AtlantaSports

AtlantaSports Senior Investor

I have wanted to try it, but I haven't seen enough positive reviews to jump on it.

9. AtlantaSports

AtlantaSports Senior Investor

I'm interested as well, so if there was to be more of an explanation, then I may join.

10. kiranreddi

kiranreddi New Member

any business in the world there is a chance of risk,when it comes to forex,big risk involed,when u dont know about what is trading,first try to learn what is forex tradingand how many scam brokers are there and how many legi forex brokers,choose best broker,and dont try demo account to learn trading,invest small amount or try no deposit bonus offers and try real account and get real experience,then u will understand how fast u can loss money ,then u can think about risk and future investment and how to learn and how to became successfull trader,try to learn as much as u can i am sure u will get success,i have 6 yrs experience in forex,lost almost 4 years,finally learned somewhat and making small percentage,so try to learn and make money,and remember if u want to make real money dont target more than 3-5% per month,if u target that definetly you will make money