How Risky is Online Forex Trading?

Discussion in 'Forex - Currencies Forums' started by Rainman, Jul 11, 2014.

1. MoneyFiend

MoneyFiend Member

The majority of these sites in my opinion are based around making money from inexperienced beginners who are looking to learn the ropes. Often I would assume they lose all their money in excessively high trade fees and from then on have a bad opinion around stock market investing entirely. I would also agree that demo account experience is a must have before investing real money into Forex trading.

2. kgord

kgord Senior Investor

I would be nervous to do Forex trading. The stock market is a gamble under the best of circumstances. I think that using the free accounts are the best ways to get started. I think these would be referred to as demo accounts or games. These are some of the best options and ways you need in order to get the choices you need in terms of trading.

3. thorax11

thorax11 New Member

You should always start out paper trading with a free account that utilizes the MT4 Platform. There are several sites which offer practice accounts to get your feet wet without losing any real money. Becoming profitable in Forex trading requires knowledge of the markets and how various factors such as bond prices and other financial instruments can affect the outcome of certain currency pairs. If you look at it as gambling you will lose money. On the other hand if you look at trading as a business with rules and are willing to learn you can become profitable.

4. norms options

norms options Well-Known Member

I have never done any forex trading, mostly because my intuition and reading on the subject gave me the same information that most people are posting here. Same thing with commodities, just way too much risk regardless of your experience in these types of speculative trading. I am learning a lot about selling options though, and it seems to be a much safer method to help supplement your returns. If you are into taking a little more risk with a small portion of your portfolio, it seems to me that this is the safest way to go. I have seen a lot of offers to buy a service to give you the option plays exactly, so if you want to put a little money into something like that it appears way more legitimate than the forex services out there.

5. radex78

radex78 Senior Investor

Risk disclosure in forex trading is any trader might they losing \half or all money in forex trading activity, although forex is potential business to increasing money, but without knowledge and experience hence might will hard to make decent profit, many trader said if more than 90% trader get failure in forex trading, and survive in forex is not easy task, start from small capital and choose type account that suit with amount capital and learn with strict risk management, or start practice in demo account, this will useful for learning process how to manage money in uncertainty market condition.

6. kgord

kgord Senior Investor

I know it's not the same thing, but Forex reminds me a bit too much of day trading, and many seem to lose their shirt with that...so I would be reluctant to do forex trading. I might try a dummy account sometime just to see how it would work for me, but I guess I would want their to be absolutely no financial risk involved at least until I knew what I was doing.

7. radex78

radex78 Senior Investor

Forex trading is included in high risk business, which although forex also promising unlimited income for trader but risk disclosure in this business also as trader might they losing money in forex trading activity, for newbie they better learn basic education and practice in demo account which many broker usually provided demo account for simulating trading in real market condition using virtual money.

8. mobile

mobile Member

Great insights in this thread! I have some experience investing in the stock market and would like to try out forex. A lot of experienced forex traders say that money moves faster in this type of invested. I would expect that higher risk is involved considering that receiving higher returns is possible.

Just a quick question, how important is it to stay updated with worldwide trends? Do you zero in on global business trends to predict market behavior?

9. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

I don't do forex, but as one with investments I believe it is especially important to stay informed of global news and trends in this connected world. I wrote this http://www.bullmarketboard.com/thre...s-on-the-markets?p=30462&viewfull=1#post30462 piece a short while ago. Perhaps you may find something useful within. HTH. YMMV.

10. radex78

radex78 Senior Investor

As forex trader they will work with the trend market, I think your experience in stocks also can help to make easier to understand, update analysis the trend is important so as trader they can make decision to closed their order if likely the trend will move vice versa, but forex market sometime move very dynamic and unpredictable, if often rush in decision making might only will swayed by movement on the market, in forex also traded gold comodity, this is high risk high return too because average movement this metal comodity included in large movement daily, you can look on metatrader with symbol xauusd.