How to Start?

Discussion in 'Stock Market Education' started by jfrack, Dec 17, 2015.

1. remnant

remnant Well-Known Member

It is always shrewd to start by operating a dummy account to gain insight on how the stock market operates. If you are a small investor you can invest in penny stocks but these are risky because of stock market manipulators and scammers. It is safer to invest in regular stocks. You should engage a reputable broker. Do not look into the short term. You could end up losing your money. Look into the medium term to make profit. You should diversify your stocks.

2. TaurusHorns

TaurusHorns Well-Known Member

I'd definitely recommend going to youtube and finding all of the free videos you can. It's pretty much the best way. People pay so much money for classes and books, but there's a ton of dudes that just tell you everything you need to know because they were bored and had too much coffee.

3. manoharb

manoharb Senior Investor

when situation get worst in world, right time to invest money in stock market. current situation is worst than Cold war. start investing for long-term if you are equity trader. Global events like Central Bank meetings, keep eyes on that. learn technical and fundamental analysis both. everybody invest in stock market to make profit. never invest all amount in 1 stock. sector-wise select stocks and invest in them according to fundamentals and Technicals . best of luck.

4. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

I'd start once you have a couple hundred bucks or so. You can just leave it alone, but the best thing to do is add a little to it every payday if you can, or at least once a year or so when you get a tax refund or whatever.

5. SteakTartare

SteakTartare Senior Investor

If just starting with square one, I'd stick to good mutual funds, at least initially. Build a solid portfolio and invest in them each and every paycheck/cycle. Set the dividends to reinvest. Stay focused and you'll start to see your wealth grow. From there, you can branch out to other offerings. In this day and age, there are a lot of fine investment vehicles open to people.

I'd also add, get started on retirement planning as soon as humanly possible. The sooner you start, the better off you are down the road.

Good luck and, naturally, if you have any questions, ask away. :)

6. rz3300

rz3300 Guest

Well that is a very open question, but I like it. I would say start with research. Read up on investing and stocks and the market as much as possible and really start to gain an understanding of what you are buying exactly and how it represents a company and how they operate. I think that you will find the more you learn, the more you appreciate it and the more you will benefit.

7. DangerSuit

DangerSuit Member

Curious about starting out by investing in index funds - if you do so, will you incur brokerage fees? It seems as though you ought not to, considering that whoever you entrust your money to doesn't really have to do any maintenance on the investment, other than withdraw and deposit when you ask. Or am I missing something glaringly obvious?

8. tskier01123

tskier01123 Member

Youtube was an amazing place for me to start. I always knew finance was a big thing, but I never knew how many people were in to trading. I also though trading was only going to be for people with insider knowledge and that no one shares information. I found it to be the total opposite. Anyway, spend some time on you tube with searches like 'forex tutorial' 'stock tutorial' 'how to read candlesticks' etc. You'll get some great info there.

9. sahilroy

sahilroy New Member

Online securities exchanging is turning into a more supported type of contributing. The program takes into account quick control over your assets and if necessary in a matter of seconds you can purchase or offer stocks and different securities.
    Speculators can use czech markets BCPP a RM-SYSTÉM. And furthermore american, german, clean and hungarian markets in outside nations.

BEFORE YOU START...
    Attempt free e-Broker demoversion for contributing through PC or note pad
    Download Fio Smartbroker application to your cell phone or tablet from Google Play - you can watch movement of securities and furthermore speculation news. You can pick up ccess to secured some portion of utilization (watching portfolio, securities purchasing/offering) by opening demoversion in application alternatives.
    Get comfortable with extended logical administration Fio - not only news about what's going on stock trade, yet additionally default portfolios, speculation proposals and profit data.
    Maintain a strategic distance from Beginners' slip-ups that might be because of obliviousness, absence of experience or data. Read advocate's tips or visit free speculation instructive workshops
    Step by step instructions to do it
    Get securities exchange access for nothing, pay for finished requests (purchase/offer) - see the Pricelist.
    Keeping in mind the end goal to get the e-Broker application, which furnishes you with quick access to Czech and outside stock trades, basically visit a branch and turn into a Fio banka customer in 5 simple advances.
    This will at that point enable you to take after stock costs on the web and to respond to venture openings. You will likewise be furnished with current news from Fio banka and week by week refreshed arrangements of speculation proposals (that you would then be able to exploit anyplace you might be on account of e-Broker).
    Toward the begin, you ought to characterize a speculation skyline (the length of a venture).
    Select the best venture system coordinating your objectives and the time you period amid which you need to contribute.
    Select a reasonable portfolio and characterize your venture objectives. You might be motivated by the example portfolio and investigation from Fio banka.
    At that point sit tight for the best opportunity and buy the securities you have chosen. Purchasing or offering stocks involves a couple of minutes.
    Screen stock costs and news refreshes gave by Fio banka's intermediaries.
    Contact an intermediary in case of any issues at your branch.

10. kirtimeliwal

kirtimeliwal Senior Investor

I am beginner trader and I want to trade, please guide me about the profitable segment in which I should trade?