How would you feel if Hilary Clinton is our next President ?

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by wulfman, Sep 16, 2014.

1. gmckee1985

gmckee1985 Senior Investor

How did she do a good job as Secretary of State? The world is in chaos as it's rarely been before. Certainly the most chaotic situation since the end of World War II, and that's mainly the result of the Obama/Clinton foreign policy team. They have been an utter failure in promoting American interests and power throughout the world. I fail to see how Hillary Clinton would be an improvement.

2. Profit5500

Profit5500 Senior Investor

I think having a female president would be a step forward again. I think there would be mixed challenges for the female president. I don't think Hillary would like to be in the presidency anymore. So you would need someone a bit younger with a real interest in taking on a very stressful job.

3. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

I agree, a female president would be something different, the US never had one right? Don't know if it would be much different though, just look at Merkel for example.

4. gmckee1985

The main problem with Hillary Clinton besides her lack of qualifications and her world view, is that she's living off her husbands presidency which is seen to be as the last real era of strong economic growth and prosperity in America. She really doesn't have any plans for the future. Saying that the economy was good in the 1990's because of your husband really isn't a policy specific reason for voting for you. Her policy proposals when she last ran for president in 2008 were pretty similar to those of Barack Obama's, so I don't really think she has a leg to stand on when it comes to differentiating herself from the miserable economic performance of this country in the past 6 or so years.

5. gmckee1985

I would like to see a woman become president, but only one with the right world view and the right policy prescriptions to get America back on the right track. I think someone who has been a governor in the past would be a good selection. I think Nikki Haley of South Carolina is someone to keep an eye on. Seems to have the right philosophy of limited government and has done a good job recruiting businesses and jobs to her state while improving the business climate. Someone like that would be a much better choice to become the first female president rather than Hillary Clinton.

6. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

I rightly agree with you Peninha...i somehow fell off that bandwagon of knowing who is in power/hot seat...but this might just happen...anyway a change is good...lets see how it pans out :)

7. gmckee1985

Some of these posts on the politics section of this message board are troubling me. People don't seem to have a whole lot of interest or information about who's in power. That's troubling to me. I get that politics can be a boring thing, but it does matter and the laws that politicians pass, and the power that they have can only be kept in check by an informed and engaged citizenry. I think I see now why the country seems to be going down hill more and more with each passing day. People have got to snap out of their complacency and take an interest in these issues.

8. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Guest

I really don's care if there is a female president of the US. That qualified individual has to do her job and turn this country around. However, I do believe the trend won't stop. We had a black president. Now "they" are going to vote a female into office.

9. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

Gotcha. But many people DO vote that way. And it was white America who elected Obama twice - blacks make up less than 15% of the population, and a fair number of them are unable to vote anyway due to various reasons. I have heard more than one white person say they voted for Obama once or even twice because "it's time this country elected a black president!".... Of course most of them now regret it.

10. Kael

Kael Guest

A woman as the President of these United States is not a bad deal. Women have always made better rulers and negotiators. Elizabeth Dole would be an amazing contender for Hillary Clinton.