How would you feel if Hilary Clinton is our next President ?

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by wulfman, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Thejamal

Thejamal Guest

However, the issue is she wouldn't win because of what she stands for, she'd win because she's running as a woman and we should elect her because of she's a woman. She's already attempted to distance herself from Obama over the last year or so on some issues and it'll be interesting to see what her positions become as we get closer to 2016.

While there's next to zero chance I'll be voting for Hillary if she does indeed do run, I sincerely hope she keeps the "vote for me because I'm female" out of her campaign and runs on her positions and what she stands for. That to me would be an even great step forward for women's rights.

2. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

That will surely bring her a lot of votes being a female, I just don't know if they will be enough to get her elected.

3. gmckee1985

gmckee1985 Senior Investor

Voting for someone because they are a woman or of a certain color is just embarrassing to me. Just because you're a female doesn't mean every female will be inclined to vote for you. I would rather people run on their philosophy rather than exploiting their race or gender to gain votes. It's a lot more honest and ethical way of doing things.

4. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

I don't expect honesty or ethics from politicians, and especially not today's Dems.

5. gmckee1985

This woman repulses me to be quite honest. It's pretty clear she is running for president and I fear for our country if she is elected. Politics is the only thing she seems to care about. I just wish for once we could get a semi normal (for a politician) in the White House. Someone who is humble and honestly looking out for the country. But I guess that's too much to ask.

6. Thejamal

Thejamal Guest

Those people don't get elected though. Parties will put forth candidates that can appeal to the most amount of people and that means candidates who don't really stand for anything. The extreme divisiveness among the 2 parties really hurts as well. There's no one willing to compromise anything and it hurts when comes to voting time and putting in political leaders that can actually get things done.

7. gmckee1985

Yeah, but nominating moderate candidates doesn't really seem to work. Barack Obama isn't a moderate and he didn't have much trouble getting elected. Because he knew how to excite and mobilize his voter base. It wasn't the moderate voters who won him the election.

8. I am a woman, and I am more concerned with keeping my civil rights than voting for someone to give the perception of civil rights. It depends on the candidate for me. For example, I was horrified by Sarah Palin, even before she spoke. The first thing I noticed was that her baby had no shoes and socks, and in every photo op one of her younger children was carrying the baby. That was irresponsible to me. Once I heard her speak, I was floored. Her obvious lack of knowledge was disturbing and it got worse from there. Now with that being said, I tried to attend a Hilary Clinton rally at my local college. When I approached the door of entry, I was instructed that I could not gain entrance unless I signed a pledge that I would vote for her in the election. My antennae went up immediately. I explained to the sergeant at arms that it is my constitutional right to keep my vote secret, and I am her target audience--the undecided voter. The point was for me to hear from her own mouth why I should vote for her. I was then removed from the campus from Secret Service. This is a true story that I tell in a funny manner on my blog. There is no way I want someone in office who is willing to take away my rights before she even gets in.

9. LuckyGirl08

LuckyGirl08 Guest

I think that Hilary will be a great president. We all know that she will not be doing it alone. I am sure that her husband will be helping her along the way and also she has some support from Obama.

10. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

An active role in what...? kindly elaborate further, but if its in line to politics and who is in the hot seat,...let me save my comments, lest i fall short or land myself on the offending side...'hot soup' might fit the description perfectly :)