If you want to make a little extra money by opening a new account with Sharebuilder.com...

Discussion in 'Online Brokers' started by User911, Feb 27, 2015.

1. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Senior Investor

I have seen their commercials in the past, they are legitimate. They are kind of like eTrade except I think they have better incentives to join. I was actually going to do a little research on the company as I am looking to start doing some stock trading.

2. missbishi

missbishi Well-Known Member

Sharebuilder have been around since 1996 and were once part of the ING Group. They place relatively highly in industry rankings and don't even require a minimum account balance. I'd take this offer up like a shot if I had any spare cash.

3. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

On that note then missbishi, i'll take that to book, once i start rolling in cash, i'll wade through the Sharebuilder's waters :)
    Thank you for the red alert in that regard :)

4. turt

turt Guest

They are owned by Capitol One now. Sharebuilder is great for beginners. The trade cost is less than some of the other big names. You just don't have all of the options of others like shorting.

5. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

No shorting... damn. Even though I personally have only used short on commodities (and even that only a few times in my life), I think it is still a very crucial part of investing. So I find it really strange if a big broker does not offer it.

6. queenbellevue

queenbellevue Well-Known Member

Huh... So I guess they are legit. What are their fees?

7. AtlantaSports

AtlantaSports Senior Investor

I read that it was a minimum fee of $6.95 to open an account.

8. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

I'm sure you can find a detailed listing of all the fees from their website. If not, contact customer support and they will send you a file with all their fees.

9. AtlantaSports

AtlantaSports Senior Investor

Has anyone actually made an account with this website?

10. User911

User911 Well-Known Member

I have an account with Sharebuilder.com. I don't have any money in it at this point, but I like their layout for quick looks at stocks and I also like the reports they have to view in order to do stock analysis. I figure more information is always better so when I'm looking at a stock I look at Morningstar, Sharebuilder, TDAmeritrade and maybe even a couple of others! I think www.bankrate.com might have a comparison chart on the different brokerage accounts if you want to find a good one for you.