Illegal Immigrant Kills 18 -Yr-Old, Burns 3 Yr Old Kid Alive

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by Rainman, Jul 9, 2015.

1. Penny

Penny Well-Known Member

Actually there are records of mass shootings going back to the 11th century (yes, using a bow and arrow on a British university campus).

It is media rhetoric that makes us think this is a modern phenomena or is happening more often (per capita). It is not. It is simply now more widely, loudly and explicitly reported to more people. That creates the illusion in our minds that it happens more often.

And domestic murders (murder of domestic partner and/or children) are in fact routine and always have been. They only odd thing is that this one is playing for days and weeks in the media whereas most domestic murders are not even covered outside the town in which they occur.

In the past these things would be hushed up, but they still occurred. The injustice is in suggesting only "illegals" commit domestic murder when they are horrifically common.

Of course citizen domestic murders don't get the 24 hour treatment by Fox
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...n-survives-suicide-bid-cops-article-1.2298699

Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
  2. petesede

petesede Guest

Yep, it is the same with weather. Everyone thinks there are more crazy crimes now and more crazy weather now than ever before, but the fact is that it is just easy to report it on the news now. 150 years ago, if a storm killed a million people in Indonesia.. how would most of the world know? It would take months for the news to reach Europe, and by then it would be a mixture of myth and anecdotes which nobody would really believe or care about. Now, there is a storm in China, we are all watching it happen live from 4 different news channels.

But honestly, what the anti-immigration people are doing is sickening. They are just scanning police blotters waiting for any mention of a crime committed by an illegal and then plastering on websites everywhere. Crime happens everyday.. there are hundreds of people murdered every day.. It is like they suddenly forgot that just a few weeks ago a white male walked into a church and open-fired.

3. missbishi

missbishi Well-Known Member

This incident didn't happen because he's an illegal immigrant. It happened because he's clearly got psychiatric issues. As sad as this story is, it has recieved media attention for all the wrong reasons.

4. gmckee1985

gmckee1985 Senior Investor

We spend too much time and money on dumb issues, while this border and illegal immigrant problems is a continuous thorn in our side. How long have people been demanding a fix to these issues? Yet they are never addressed as seriously as they need to be. Then you've got the La Raza type groups that are actively undermining any attempts to do anything. It really makes people lose faith in our government.

5. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

We need a common sense immigration policy.

Illegal immigrants shouldn't be here.

Immigrants wanting to come here and stay here legally need to be carefully screened. We cannot continue to have a completely open border - it's insane, and no other country does this. It's much, much harder for immigrants to get into other countries and stay there.

Anyone entering and staying here needs to be here because they're needed to fill a legit need. And they need to respect and obey our laws and culture - assimilate.

Common sense should overrule bleeding hearts, votes, and indiscriminately cheap labor.

6. ScooterBrandon

ScooterBrandon Senior Investor

Why is it when it's not a white person (except when it's a police officer) the headline ALWAYS includes that. You will never see "rich white privileged American citizen murders poor immigrant."

7. L_B

L_B Well-Known Member

I couldn't have said it better myself. This is exactly right!

8. anorexorcist

anorexorcist Well-Known Member

I don't think that they should blame Obama for situations like this... Not all the immigrants are like that, actually I think that there are more Americans doing those awful things than immigrants... and I'm not defending that guy, I hope that he receive the punishment that he deserves, but I think that is not good to generalize people.

9. Thejamal

Thejamal Guest

I think illegal immigration absolutely needs to be addressed and our borders should not be wide open as they are, but this situation is what we call "recency bias." Just because this psychopath happened to be an illegal immigrant doesn't mean all illegal immigrants are. And as with most things, we take a label from one group or person and apply it to the masses.

10. SteakTartare

SteakTartare Senior Investor

^ Agreed. This is the sad truth as to why the border is still wide open. The bleeding-heart, looney-toon left and the RINO republicans want the current system in place for their own reasons and barely pay lip service to getting real about the problem. In the mean time, depressed wages for manual laborers, massive welfare spending, a huge burden on the prison system, drug/human/weapon running, assorted chaos, and outright murder are going on unchecked. Alas, I don't see it changing any time soon.