Interest in Virtual Stock Market Game?

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by ArianaGrande, Mar 27, 2014.

?

Would you like to pretend trade?

1. Yes

15 vote(s)
    93.8%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  1. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Senior Investor

I would be very much interested in doing some pretend stock trading before I actually invest my own money. It would be a good tool to use to see if I am any good at it and to learn along the way.

2. wanderingwildman

wanderingwildman Well-Known Member

3. Franco

Franco Member

I wish there was a better virtual stock market game. The best I ever played was on Android. The ones online tend to be pretty basic. I kinda wish you could cash out your virtual funds for gift cards or something. Like a rewards program.

4. Annabell

Annabell Well-Known Member

While I'm new and obviously can't speak for everyone, it seems like this would be a good little tool to learn how stocks and trading works, especially for newbies such as myself. If you're only using fake money, then there's no worry about losing anything, although that could in turn mean that people who learn from this don't learn the risk of it.

5. uggonen

uggonen Well-Known Member

Yes that would be a great idea! I would definitely "play" it. It should have some kind of competitions like who gets the biggest return after the month.

6. CrystalMarie

CrystalMarie Active Member

I have a friend who is interested in the stock market but does not want to put up money without know what he is doing. I think this would a good way to develop skills without having to risk actually money. I would also be interested in this. :rolleyes:

7. waseem59

waseem59 Well-Known Member

Im really intersted to play , these games can increase knowledge in stock markets, Really a great thought of playing game , i appreciate you

8. Therion11

Therion11 Member

I did something similar in high school economics and it was a lot of fun. It's a good way to get some practical experience with how the market works and very useful for people who don't necessarily have a lot of money to lose on beginner mistakes.

9. sully3333

sully3333 Member

I would join if someone here were to set one up. I've done them before, and it's always exciting.

10. wanderingwildman

wanderingwildman Well-Known Member

Did we ever get this started? Who wants to take the bull by horns? :)