Investment movies

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Gelsemium, May 21, 2014.

1. Strykstar

Strykstar Well-Known Member

Do watch it, it's a great movie and DiCaprio is fantastic in it.

2. Goose

Goose Member

I'm a fan of The Wolf of Wall Street and Pursuit of Happiness but I feel like they aren't true investment movies. I wish they would release a movie that's exciting and informative about the tips and tricks to investing.

3. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

The Pursuit of Happiness is indeed a great movie, for those who haven't seen it is definitely a must, based on a true story.

4. mark973

mark973 Well-Known Member

You should watch it as soon as possible. It's a really awesome movie. Plus the f-bomb gets dropped a few hundred times. Might be fun to count exactly how much.

5. Gelsemium

LOL, that would be impossible really, unless you keep a piece of paper and a pen by you while you watch it. :) I haven't seen it yet either, but I think I'm seeing it soon now that all of you are recommending it.

6. ally79

ally79 Guest

The Pursuit of Happiness is a good one and we just watched The Wolf of Wall Street the other night and I thought that it was great. Another one that I really like is Rogue Trader with Ewan McGregor. If you haven't seen it you should give it a try.

7. Gelsemium

Never heard of that before, but I am going to take a look too. Those two you mention ought to be great, haven't managed to see the wolf just yet though.

8. LittleMissMia

LittleMissMia Guest

The Pursuit of Happiness is one of my favorite movies. The fact that it is based on a true story makes it even better. Will Smith and his son play the roles beautifully and the movie really shows the real struggles that many people unfortunately face such as divorce, insufficient childcare, homelessness, and more... all while looking for a proper job.

9. Leeroy_MY

Leeroy_MY Well-Known Member

I like the Wall Street movie (1987) and its sequel, Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps. At least those movies bother to explain what's going on to the audience rather than Wolf of Wall Street's approach of saying 'nah, you wouldn't get it anyway.' and focusing more on the protagonist's decadent lifestyle.

10. Gelsemium

Wall Street has ever been and will be a great theme for movies, wherever there's war and money involved people will be interested in watching.