Is building an option in this day and age?

Discussion in 'Buying & Selling Real Estate' started by lovemwaf, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Eziospick

Eziospick Guest

Em it might make more financial sense to buy a prebuilt home but we all have that dream home in our mind. I was never one that wanted to live right next to my neighbors and about the only way to do that now, with the concrete a creeping, is to build a home. Sure it might be more expensive but I will have a more contempt feeling I guess you could say? I'd know I got what I always wanted and won't have to live in the concrete jungle. However, if that's your thing and need to live in a city, it might be better off to buy an already built home. I guess it's a decision we all must make one day.

2. jason

jason Guest

It's definitely an option. You can get the job done on a very, very wide range of budgets. Building your own simple home might save money and building your own dream home might be pricey but worth it if it means a lot to you and you can afford it. I hope to be in the latter category later in life. I'd love to customize my own space without any restrictions. I'd stay there forever.

3. Profit5500

Profit5500 Senior Investor

Building your own home in this economy would depend on what you do to make your house acceptable in this market. I would say that building your own house is a strong skill and it would be beneficial. I would love to have my own setup in a home so I would know where my electricity is coming from and where its going. It really does depend on how much growing you want to do in the house.

4. Peninha

Peninha Senior Investor

I think that if we have the financial capacity we can build, but this happens with a minority only. And it's a good investment IMO.

5. caparica007

caparica007 Well-Known Member

I agree that building is a great investment, but it requires time and capital, something that most people don't have. Building my own place would be a dream though.

6. teastocks

teastocks Well-Known Member

Rut might really expensive to build in this day and age but I think that it is better to build because when you buy a house you are buying someone else's personality but when you take the time to build your own it just feels like it is more and not the person who built the house that you bought. That is just my personal opinion though.

7. Profit5500

Profit5500 Senior Investor

I would believe that building your own home is a smart investment when you know how to build a home that complements the market. I mean if I knew how to build my own home then I would have been on my own long ago.

8. Determined2014

Determined2014 Guest

I personally do believe in building, because it is very rare to find an already built building that is exactly as your dream home or exactly the way you would want your house built, so I think building is still a great option.

9. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

To build is just an option when we have a lot of capital available, which in fact is not the case for most people.

10. shilpa123

shilpa123 Banned

I believe a lot of people living in the home that they have built rather than in someone else built house. What do you mean it is not an option for many people. I think those who can afford the price would definitely prefer to build their own homes.