Is Donald Trump TOO Blunt?

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by Ohh22, Dec 25, 2015.

1. Ohh22

Ohh22 Member

I find that Trump often says inappropriate things and can be very blunt. Do you agree? :confused:

2. Alex

Alex Senior Investor

He is called provocative for a reason, he wishes to provoke and by being blunt and direct the masses understand what he wishes to say. Many times he is not politically correct, so I often wonder how serious he is in his bid to President.

I know many people agree with what he says, but on a global scale it's not what reigning world leaders would say. I do find much of what he says seems to be reactionary, as in he is responding to concerns with rhetoric but with no actual plan to resolve things.

3. petesede

petesede Guest

Nobody has a problem with him being blunt. In fact most people like that. It was one of the reasons McCain was so popular in the 1990s. The problem is he is just stupid with his opinions. He is wrong about his positions, and he is incredibly naive about the way the world works. He lives in the world of reality TV where you say stupid stuff for ratings and then they have no impact after that episode airs... but his problem is that those comments are going to prevent him from ever accomplishing anything. If we do want to fix the border, we are going to need to work with Mexico. You really think they are going to pay for the wall, or even listen at all to anything Trump says after he called them all rapists? Screw that, the mexican gov´t is going to have mining equipment on the border drilling tunnels and will probably offer free bus service for people from central america who want to get into the USA.

4. Scooby Snack

Scooby Snack Well-Known Member

I think one of the reasons he's so popular is that he's so blunt. I've said it time and again, all these politicians seem to lack the awareness that people are SICK of politicians, and the fact that there's a guy shooting from the hip is a breath of fresh air in that context. Instead of criticizing him and distancing themselves from him at every turn, they could learn a thing or two from him, at least from a PR perspective.

5. Corzhens

Corzhens Senior Investor

I am not an American voter but I am somewhat up to date with US politics since I have lots of relatives in the US. Yes is my answer to the thread's title. Mr. Donald Trump is too blunt for comfort but I see that his candidness is what makes him popular. The US voters see him as an honest man who thinks like an ordinary citizen with plans that are practical although harsh at times. But given a choice over here, I guess the likes of Mr. Trump will also win in Philippine elections since we love candid statements, honest politicians and simple but effective plans for the country.

6. Sandy2870

Sandy2870 Member

The problem with Trump is not what he says but how he says it. Once we get a politician who can say the same things as he does but does not come off as a clown, the Democrates better watch out.

7. Scooby Snack

Scooby Snack Well-Known Member

I'm listening to Trump's interview with George Stephanopoulos right now--doesn't sound like a clown to me.

8. kgord

kgord Senior Investor

There is a difference between being blunt, and being rude, crude and over the top. I think that Trump is one of the worst candidates we have ever had for President in the history of this country. One of the worst as a human being. Where does he get off making rude, crude and crass comments about women? Who does he think he is? Is he gonna say this stuff about the female Prime Minister of another coutnry and get us in World War III. And he never apologizes, like he walks on water or something...PUhlease!!!!!!!He has no answers for the tough questions.

9. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

This.
    Bluntness is something that has been missing from politics... I think it's a very welcome change. And while I agree with some of Trumps policies he makes it... well he takes these things too far. It's ok to be against immigration... especially illegal one... trying to deport every single illegal immigrant in the USA just won't work. I don't think he would make a good president but I do love how he doesn't care about political correctness.

10. djordjem87

djordjem87 Well-Known Member

He is a cunning person and blunt is not maybe the suitable word but he is not provoking by accident. He is arrogant and self-assured and his campaign is very much calculated. I believe the numbers tell more then words. Either way this is a circus. I meant election is. It is all calculated to details and even though we think it is not they know what they do. Blunt or not, he has good chances to become the new President.