Is Gold A Bubble... Ask Platinum/Silver

Discussion in 'Commodities Forum' started by healthandfitness, May 22, 2014.

1. ReinbachThe3rd

ReinbachThe3rd Active Member

Gold has always seemed like a risky proposition to me. Of course it's better when economies are in a downturn as others have witnessed but then that also leads to high volatility. Seems pretty easy to lose a bunch of money quickly.

It also doesn't help that the people who tend to push gold constantly are the type of people that I am diametrically opposed to so that could be a factor.

2. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

Been investing 20 years, have spent the last decade managing others' money, actively investing my own, etc.

3. healthandfitness

healthandfitness Well-Known Member

Yes... Palladium is also a good play at this time.

4. PTrader

PTrader Member

Really interesting discussion, I have always thought gold was the safest investment out there but this discussion makes me think twice, it certainly doesn't seem like it's going to turn a profit for people for awhile, but silver is looking pretty attractive. In fact there are a lot of people in my family who have done pretty well with silver in the past few years.

5. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

I like 'em all in varying amounts basically.

6. jondjacob

jondjacob Well-Known Member

So, from this post, and I believe that it might not be a bad idea to invest in Silver. Currently, my silver investments consist of purchases of coinage only, however, I would love to diversify and actually purchase silver through other means. I don't have any gold, and because of its price, and suggestions from this board, I am likely not to bother until it comes down considerably.

That said, I have much more faith in these commodities than I do in the USD.