Is Greed Good?

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by SteakTartare, Mar 17, 2016.

1. roger1003

roger1003 Active Member

Greed is an intense and selfish desire for something. Greed is not good at all. It causes chaos and sufferings. In fact, if everyone knows how to give, no one would suffer in this world.

2. Scooby Snack

Scooby Snack Well-Known Member

I know this isn't contributing to what is actually a fascinating conversation, but I just wanted to chime in and give a chuckle for referring to Money Never Sleeps​ as a "cinematic abortion". LOL.

3. Alex

Alex Senior Investor

The obvious answer to a sane human being is no. Greed is when you want an excess of what you need or are entitled to, and will attain it by depriving others of their share. There are greedy people, who are often selfish because they thing about their own needs and not those of others.

How do you know if you are greedy? When you hide what you have and are not wiling to share when people need or ask for something that you have.

4. knitmehere

knitmehere Well-Known Member

It really just depends on how far you go with that greed and how it effects the other people around you.

You can't be the type of person who won't do anything for anyone else, lies, steals, cheats, etc. and still expect to get somewhere in life AND still have people around you who think you're a great person.

At the same time, you can't really be a pushover either.

5. artyarson

artyarson Active Member

Depends on a kind of greed. If you feel the greed for a constant improvement as a human being = that's definitely rather positive than negative. I can't even call this a negative thing in this particular case. However, if it's simply a constant desire of owning more and more stuff = that's no good.