IS/ISUS/ISIL/Daesh is upping the anti...

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by baudwalk, Nov 19, 2015.

1. manoharb

manoharb Senior Investor

2015 to 2025 ,Worldwide Time period of Introduction of new Military weapons and retire old weapons. I think, this period is very important for Economies. possible some countries try to solve disputes by war and some by talk. I think, Defense sector stocks will remain most active in this period.
    My point is, ISIS will remain active for long time.
    ISIS is a small terrorist organization, not sovereign nation , so, as Sir, JR Ewing said, US can easily demolish ISIS in weeks. I agree with that.
    but, I believe, there are many other Economical and Political concerns or disputes in world which will support creation of ISIS for long time.

2. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

They could easily blend in with the civilians should circumstances demand so. To be honest, even if they lost their sole source of revenue there are thousands of people who would willingly hand out some cash to the terrorists so they can continue doing what they've been doing. Much as the group can be easily defeated it will take a really long time to kill their ideology. That's why it would be better to let Muslims [the Iranians and others] fight ISIS.

3. Scooby Snack

Scooby Snack Well-Known Member

There is a very interesting divide among Leftists as far as Obama's reactions to all this. My Facebook feed alone is a sinkhole of lunacy, people who are crying over the refugee crisis and yet REFUSING to acknowledge any sort of criticism of Islam, attacking it as "racist". They are focusing so much on the refugees that they are ignoring the very real security issues that an open immigration policy could pose.

If you're curious, check out YouTuber David Rubin--he's had a bunch of great guests on his show recently that talk about this divide, from a Leftist perspective (he's been doing really interesting shows inviting people from all over the political spectrum recently...really admire and respect his approach).

I think given this mess and the rampant protests and PC culture, things are really coming to a head in the US.

4. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

5. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

As with any problem there will be different approaches on how people will want yobusr in trying to fix it.

While some prefer the 'lets go in and wipe them out, deal with the consequences later' method, others will prefer the softer approach.

However it's done, I think we can all agree that something needs to be done, no matter what or how that happens.