Is land the best investment?

Discussion in 'Trade Journals & Stock Tips' started by remnant, Apr 25, 2016.

1. remnant

remnant Well-Known Member

The world population is undergoing a rapid expansion and even previously depopulated areas are being eyed by speculators, either investors, realtors and mineral and resource prospecting companies. The resultant effect is that land prices have hit the roof. I am yet to see or hear of a single case of land depreciation.

2. Corzhens

Corzhens Senior Investor

Even when I was young, land is already the best investment in my mind. I was born and raised in a city apartment so my orientation is that the value of land is precious. Whenever I would go to the province, I was awed with the vast land of our neighbors there. Now that I am nearing retirement, our plan is to use half of my retirement pay to buy land that we can somehow use for leisure (mostly gardening) and the rest of the money be used for a little business. We are lucky to have a home of our own now although our house is built on a 280-square meters only.

3. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

Land can certainly be a good investment. Things to keep in mind are property taxes and liquidity - I know from experience that if you ever want or need to sell land, it may take a while. And if the buyer is not paying cash, it is generally more difficult to borrow to buy just land vs land with one or more decent dwellings built on it.

It is basically a matter of location and also timing if you plan to sell it at a profit eventually. And keep in mind that at any given moment, it is only as valuable as what someone is willing and able to pay you for it.

Another good thing in many areas is that land may have oil and gas beneath it. :D

4. gauridollar

gauridollar Member

Hello, Land is one of the most solid investments available. It will always be worth something. Please visit our site Equity Tips.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2018
  5. gowiththeflow

gowiththeflow Senior Investor

I see land as a great long term investment - the backbone of any investment portfolio - assuming you pick the right areas!

The worldwide population is growing but there is only a limited amount of land available for houses so as demand increases so should prices - maybe not always that simple but that is the concept.

6. rakhi

rakhi Active Member

Yes,land is the best investment? A plot of land can be offer of better returns in the long term investment in land can be profitable in the long term.

7. longtermbull

longtermbull Administrator Staff Member

While land is a great long term investment and an interesting hedge against volatile markets you still need to choose the right type of land, in the right area at the right moment - timing is still everything when looking to maximise your returns.

8. Jaxon

Jaxon Senior Investor

In recent days, trading Forex is the best of the best way to make money. I can see some of friends are earning more than 100K by trading Forex with FreshForex broker so if possible then learn trading Forex.

9. mikenovo

mikenovo Senior Investor

It has always seemed to be one of the more stable investments, I think.