Is Tesla (tsla) In Trouble?

Discussion in 'Investment Charts' started by longtermbull, Jul 26, 2017.

1. longtermbull

longtermbull Administrator Staff Member

Back in a down trend - if all of the "good" news is out there I am not sure what more Elon Musk can do to support the share price?

2. Buyonthedips

Buyonthedips Senior Investor

Looks like Tesla is slowly getting devoured by the bears :)

Elon Musk, you need to pull ANOTHER rabbit out of the hat :)

3. longtermbull

4. gowiththeflow

gowiththeflow Senior Investor

While I do tend to go with the flow with regards to trends and graphs, I feel that the love for Tesla is slowly evaporating. Elon Musk is coming under greater personal scrutiny than ever before, there is talk of the cash call and while it is all good and well "Elon Musk sleeping at the factory" it is results which count. I'm not sure why he has placed yet more pressure on the company by increasing the monthly target for the Model 3 from 5000 up to 6000. Could I suggest he goes quiet, gets on with the job and delivers?

5. longtermbull

Surely Tesla must be in the last chance saloon? I'm not sure how many more times investors will take disappointment with regards to short-term targets while the company continues to announce more and more long-term initiatives. There comes a point when even the might such as Elon Musk need to be held to account.

6. Buyonthedips

Buyonthedips Senior Investor

For the first time ever, criticism of Elon Musk is hitting the mass media headlines. In the past there has been criticism from professionals which was kept relatively in-house and not necessarily something which the wider media took an interest in. It may well be his multibillion-dollar bonus deal which caught the attention of the mass media and has therefore put his company and himself under the microscope. In reality, the recent fall in the Tesla share price is either an indication the company is going bust or an opportunistic buying opportunity.

7. Chartman

Chartman Senior Investor

If Elon Musk keep on missing the targets he puts in the public domain this will slowly erode investor confidence in the company. Elon Musk seems to be suffering from a similar problem to that blighting the Apple share price - the company has disappointed after semingly being able to do no wrong.

8. gowiththeflow

9. longtermbull

10. gowiththeflow

Never bite the hand that feeds you lol Just wait until Elon Musk is looking to raise more finance in the future, those he has ridiculed will get their revenge :)

Tags: