Is Tesla (tsla) In Trouble?

Discussion in 'Investment Charts' started by longtermbull, Jul 26, 2017.

1. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

I have a theory that Musk is trying to be "Trumpian" with his tweets all of the sudden.

And I suspect that the reason may be something more than just trying to drum up interest in the stock, in debt / equity offerings, etc... I suspect he may be soon making a case to the Trump admin for some sort of bailout, or at least more tax dollars.

Time will tell if I am right, or if my theory is out to lunch.

2. gowiththeflow

gowiththeflow Senior Investor

You could well be right JR, he seems to be setting up an "Us against Them" theme - almost trying to paint entrepreneurs as the victims of the big bad capital markets. Could the US government afford to let its headline EV company go under? Interesting subject.

3. longtermbull

longtermbull Administrator Staff Member

Elon Musk is rubbing Wall Street up the wrong way for a reason but for the life of me I cant why at the moment?

4. Chartman

Chartman Senior Investor

The market seems to be obsessed with a short term fund raising from Tesla even though the company has denied this time and time again. If Tesla does need money it will need to hold on until it can rebuild its battered reputation with analysts and investors or be forced to "giveaway" shares at a rock bottom price. What price your arrogant behaviour now Mr Musk?

5. longtermbull

6. Chartman

Chartman Senior Investor

Are the rich boys on Wall Street looking for a carve up in exchange for supporting a fund raising? Seems that Soros has already indirectly been advising Tesla when they sold forward some income for the solar panel division. Does anyone smell a rat here?

7. JR Ewing

I always smell a rat when Soros is involved.

Now that he has his hooks in Musk, I suspect Musk may start being a puppet for some of Soros's nutty ideas - much the way many US politicians are these days.

Soros should have long ago stuck to investing and stayed out of trying to control and change nations and companies. I have heard that Soros's kids supposedly try to talk the crazy old man out of some of his nuttier notions, but to no avail. He's an old, crazy, senile nut job with a messiah complex, and has too much money and power to be silenced.

8. longtermbull

Soros is heavily involved in the push against Brexit in the UK despite the fact it was a democratic vote to go ahead and leave the EU.

The man knows how to make money but he is like a vulture in many ways - slowly building up control, waiting to pounce. The fact Musk has already sold forward some of the future income for the Solar Panel division shows he already has his hooks into the Tesla group. Some would call forward selling income a business move to improve short term cashflow, I call it robbing Peter to pay Paul - the net is closing in around Tesla and there are not many more places to go for cash.

9. JR Ewing

I was delighted to hear that Soros lost at least a billion betting against the markets after the 2016 election. He is spending huge sums of money trying to change the west, but he is being beaten like a stepchild at the ballot boxes.

I would like to see him end up in prison for his many crimes, but he owns too many US politicians on both sides of the aisle.

10. JR Ewing

He apparently moved 75% of his money out of his personal and business holdings and into his leftist political orgs.

Tags: