Is Tesla (tsla) In Trouble?

Discussion in 'Investment Charts' started by longtermbull, Jul 26, 2017.

1. longtermbull

longtermbull Administrator Staff Member

If the Illuminati really do exist, he must be one of the top pack hounds only he does everything in public. A poor man with his ideas would be called crazy, a rich man with his ideas is called excentic - the difference? One has money and one does not.

2. gowiththeflow

gowiththeflow Senior Investor

When Soros becomes involved you know he has an angle, a way in and in this instance I think he will bleed Tesla dry while their desperation for new funds grows. Might it also be a way into the lucrative space race through the back door?

3. Buyonthedips

Buyonthedips Senior Investor

Has anyone noticed that the impact of good news, or good rumours, is having a shorter and shorter positive impact on the share price? We need sustainable earnings now - not on the horizon just yet?

4. longtermbull

Have you ever noticed that unless Tesla is in the news the shares tend to drift? The next big news announcement, assuming it is not about a fund raising, might be an opportune time to go short if we get a spike upwards. The gains never seem to hold these days with the need for additional funding growing ever greater by the day.

5. gowiththeflow

Elon Musk needs to address concern and confusion in the market once and for all otherwise we will get in a situation where the tail is wagging the dog - i.e. the markets are dictating the short to medium term direction of the company.

6. longtermbull

When was the last time we saw concerted selling taking control of Tesla shares? A long time ago when you consider all the recent hype. Tesla is regularly listed as the most shorted stock on the market - while shorters in the past may have had their fingers burnt, recent shorters should be doing a lot better :)

7. gowiththeflow

Show me the money - funding issue has still not been resolved. Watch the punters selling into strength :)

8. Buyonthedips

Buyonthedips Senior Investor

The shine from Elon Musk's star has certainly diminished in recent weeks and personally I think we will see more selling pressure in the short to medium term. Some of the shorters will have been burned and likely forced to buy back stock but the company is not out of the woods yet. Dont write off Elon Musk but dont assume that the teflon kid is in the clear :)

9. longtermbull

I see that there is a shareholder case going through the courts to prompt management changes. These things are rarely successful but a second spent on the court case is a second that Elon Musk cannot put towards the company. All getting very messy and looks like we are in a period of simply fighting fires.

10. Chartman

Chartman Senior Investor

Still no answers to long term funding issues, fraught relationship with analysts and investors yet it seems some are turning positive on Tesla. Still a strong strong sell in my book - the company seems to announce new ventures and vehicles before resolving issues with those already in production. Bizarre how the markets and investors can be so blind - expect a fund raising to take advantage of the massive jump in the share price.

To give these comments some balance, a new positive article:-

https://www.thestreet.com/investing/you-have-not-looked-at-this-tesla-chart-before-14617806

Tags: