Is Tesla (tsla) In Trouble?

Discussion in 'Investment Charts' started by longtermbull, Jul 26, 2017.

1. gowiththeflow

gowiththeflow Senior Investor

The share prices fallen below the psychological $300 level and no doubt we will begin to hear talk of funding issues in the short term. This really is a difficult company to follow, one minute everything is going well with the share prices rising then the next the company cut costs and analysts run for the hills. Surely the shares are now getting towards a level where they are beginning to look good value? Any chance of that takeover talk being revived?

2. fireopal

fireopal Senior Investor

this one is pretty much at the top of my watchlist - got a couple nice scalps on Friday.

3. Chartman

Chartman Senior Investor

It will get/could already be oversold and at some point we will see a strong bounce. Back to being a traders dream :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

@gowiththeflow I ran out of time to profit with Tesla calls. I won't sell calls across an earnings report purported to be about Feb 5. There just isn't anything rationally predictable. :)

For the moment I'm looking elsewhere, e.g., TWTR and ROKU.

5. Buyonthedips

Buyonthedips Senior Investor

Like so many people I am not sure what to say about Tesla anymore. I truely thought they were over the worst and it was a case of onwards and upwards. However, the recent weakness in the share price, and cost of redundancies, etc, might put some pressure on the company's cashflow. If they need to raise emergency funds the market will take them to the cleaners for it and drive the price down and down if they get a whiff of it happening.

6. longtermbull

longtermbull Administrator Staff Member

Two graphs for your @baudwalk

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Time to buy Twitter?

7. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

@longtermbull I won't be adding any more TWTR shares to my holdings. The social media firms are all under pressure to turn a profit. That said, I'll just repeatedly a covered call until such time that selling the remaining shares are sufficiently profitable or Trump leaves office. :)

8. Buyonthedips

Buyonthedips Senior Investor

Interesting trend lines converging between $320 and $340 - $320 is the first challenge to get over. Personally I think they are oversold and a buy at the this level.

9. fireopal

fireopal Senior Investor

crazy today - nice move up & big drop with ER and then $9+ move up and right back down so tomorrow should be interesting!!

10. longtermbull

longtermbull Administrator Staff Member

Tesla seems to be stuck in a fairly tight trading range for now - strange that now the company is doing everything the markets asked, they have suffered as a consequence. Maybe the old strategy of just closing their eyes and sticking their fingers in theirs ears, so they never heard the warnings, was the best way forward :)

Tags: