Is Tesla (tsla) In Trouble?

Discussion in 'Investment Charts' started by longtermbull, Jul 26, 2017.

1. gowiththeflow

gowiththeflow Senior Investor

Tesla looks to be running out of steam a little again - will it head back towards $300? I am not convinved this time as investors seem to have bought into the whole concept of Elon Musk building Tesla up to a market cap of $650b within 10 years....a tall order for anyone but if anyone can, Elon can :)

2. longtermbull

longtermbull Administrator Staff Member

All techy/jam tomorrow stocks will be hammered if the market down turn continues - this is a simple rebasing of the risk/reward ratio. If you still believe in the likes of Tesla, wait until they have bottomed out (oversold) and then start to pick stock up in the short to medium term. This ongoing market shakeout will not go away over night but I dont think we will see a full blown crash - there is still potential for economic growth in the short to medium term, maybe at reduced rates, but we are moving between a period of prolonged cheap finance to one where rates are starting to rise albeit very slowly.

3. gowiththeflow

Only Elon Musk could get away with firing a Tesla electric car into space - grabbing millions of dollars worth of advertising coverage! This man is a genius!

4. longtermbull

Wow! Didnt see that coming!

The market obviosuly doesnt like the figures which were announced after the market closed yesterday. Still burning cash and struggling to keep production up with demand - what will Elon pull out of the hat now?

5. gowiththeflow

Looks like a surprise short term return to test the $300 level is on the cards? If the market was to take another wobble from here I think the Tesla price could potential crash through the $300 support level?

6. longtermbull

Edging ever closer to the $300 level - it will either crash through or bounce. Argument for a call/put spread :)

7. Chartman

Chartman Senior Investor

There every chance that this one could ghet oversold to well below $300 - I would be interested around the $280 level :)

8. gowiththeflow

While not necessarily a big percentage fall in the share price, it is interesting to see that Tesla is not joining in the recovery in the Dow Jones industrial average index today. Have investors had enough of the jam tomorrow promises? Is there another fundraising on the way? Could the share price crashed through the $300 support level?

9. longtermbull

Dont get sucked in just yet - this one is going to test the $300 level again very soon. Personally I think it will crash through that $300 support level in the short term and then it will look interesting. While I would never bet against Elon Musk (in the long term) he needs to start delivering on his promises very soon. All of this jam tomorrow stuff is wearing thin.

10. Buyonthedips

Buyonthedips Senior Investor

Back the man and not the company - Elon Musk has a track record like no other. He has more than enough money to retire but it is the challenges of EVs and space travel which seem to keep him going. Would you really back against the man? It might fall a little more in the short term but well worth a buy for the longer term in my opinion.

Tags: