Is there a reason NOT to buy Apple Stock? I sure can't think of one.

Discussion in 'Stock Market Forum' started by CandraLovell, Sep 21, 2014.

1. CandraLovell

CandraLovell Member

І јust dіd sоmе аnаlуsіs оn Аррlе Ѕtосk оvеr thе lаst thrее уеаrs frоm 04-07 аnd thеу hаvе оnе оf thе bеst stосk rесоrds І hаvе lооkеd аt tо dаtе:

-Тhеrе аnnuаlіzеd еаrnіng/shаrеs grоwth frоm 04-07 іs 121.7%
    -Тhеу hаvе sаlеs grоwth tо mаtсh thе еаrnіng/shаrеs grоwth numbеrs.
    -Тhе quаrtеr соmраrеd tо thе sаmе quаrtеr fоr thе рrеvіоus уеаr grоwth іn Dес, Маr, Јunе, Ѕер іs 132.9%, 143.6%, 125.5%, 98% frоm 04-07
    -Тhеу аrе vеrу саsh rісh еаrnіng 4-5 dоllаrs/shаrеs
    -Тhеу hаvе ΝО lоng tеrm dеbt.
    -Тhе hаvе nо dеfіnаblе реnsіоn рlаn.
    -Тhеrе grоwth rаtе tо Р.Е. іs 3:1 whісh mаkеs іt аn оutstаndіng buу еvеn аt 172 dоllаrs/shаrеs.
    -І vіsіtеd а stоrе іn thе Вurlіngtоn mаll іn МА аnd іt іs соmрlеtеlу lоаdеd.

Frоm whаt І саn sее thеrе аrе nо nеgаtіvеs. Ѕо саn аnуоnе thіnk whу І shоuldn't buу thе stосk? Оr dо уоu thіnks іt's а gооd buу bаsеd оn thе dаtа?
    Whаt аrе thе stоrеs lіkе іn уоur nесk оf thе wооds?

2. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

I get the feeling that you are basing your analysis way too much on what has happened in the past. The past of the company is one thing to look at, but not the only one. Especially when we are talking about a company who had incredible growth during that time.

And why are you looking at what happened in 04-07? Look at what happened at 04-14 or 07-14...
    I'm keeping my hands away from Apple, not saying it can't be a good investment but it doesn't fit into my investment principles.

3. Hedonologist

Hedonologist Well-Known Member

Because if they were too undervalued they would have had a lot more interest. I can understand your reasoning. But I don't think that it is as set in stone as you believe.

4. jason

jason Guest

If you are interested, go for it. Their track record for the last decade makes them a pretty safe bet. They're an innovative company who keeps releasing popular products and doing well.

5. Colebra

Colebra Well-Known Member

Safe usually means low yield, right? Which is not a bad thing.
    Do you think it's true in Apple's case?

Iphone not looking good in your opinion?

6. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

Their margin accelerations have slowed, Jobs is gone forever, and Cook is no Jobs and is a bit of a treehugger. :D

With that said, I still own quite a bit and think there's still some upside there - just not likely nearly as much and as rapidly as we've seen in the past 7 years.

7. Profit5500

Profit5500 Senior Investor

With all the new products that Apple is releasing especially the Apple Watch Special Edition. The different types of Apple Watch that Apple fans would be able to purchase. I think the Iphone 6 is out so that is more money in Apple's pockets so buying the Apple Inc. stock should be good.

8. wvboarder

wvboarder Well-Known Member

You need to look toward the future. Apple has been slowing down a bit with how crazy their sales have been. I'm sure more iPhones are on the way but many of their other projects have been scrapped. Several of their CEOs actually left not too long ago and were acquired by Google so who knows if that will make a difference. The point is that the grass isn't always greener over there on the Apple side.

9. richc3

richc3 Senior Investor

I would certainly like to see them creating or developing more markets like what they're trying to do on the iWatch. I think the Beats purchase was a wise choice, but I'd also like to see them battle a bit harder on the Apple TV front. Right now there seems to be a growing market for digital video content streaming and I'd like to see them try to tackle Netflix and Amazon.

That said, I'm not sure what they have in the pipeline, but I hope they aren't betting too much on the iWatch and larger iPhones.

10. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

I think that the Apple stock will not come down, but will it value that much? Sure, they are always buying new companies and the Apple Watch can boost them, I think they are a good bet.