Is there any high quality video content you would recommend?

Discussion in 'Stock Market Education' started by Colebra, Sep 5, 2014.

1. Colebra

Colebra Well-Known Member

Sometimes books go too deep, too fast, and it's hard to get into them...
    I have "The Intelligent Investor", by Benjamin Graham, right in front of me, and it's almost as big as my dictonary...

Video content can be useful to ease into the information, right?
    Is there any material you would recommend?

2. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

Ray Dalio has some great footage on youtube. Buffett as well. And Bill Ackman has some good educational stuff on there as well.

3. richc3

richc3 Senior Investor

4. Parassd

Parassd Active Member

Go to investopedia, it's a great site that tells you all about stock markets, trading, foreign exchange, everything you need to know put your money in the market. And the bets part is there are lot of user friendly videos that are written in the layman's language that can easily help you to understand and comprehend easily what you should know before you start investing. But, since warren buffet highly recommends the book you have in front of you, i do urge you to give it a try if you really want to make this your business. Good luck. :)

5. jdroc

jdroc Guest

I would second going to investopedia. It breaks down complex subject matter in simple terms. Also get a financial dictionary that covers everything definition in every market. It's good to use for cross referencing.

6. Colebra

Colebra Well-Known Member

Thank you all for your answers!

I knew of Investopedia already, but never really sank my teeth into it... It's definately time.
    As for Mr. Benjamin Graham's book, I'll eventually get to it. I would have enjoyed if he had included a few stick figures in there though...

I would say I have zero passion at all to be in day trading at this moment.
    What I want right now, is a broader understanding of the financial world.

7. Investor

Investor Well-Known Member

Here you go, a high quality video from a high quality investor http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkH-vR2IR_E I have listened to Buffet speak and he makes very good sense. This is how I will start to invest from hereon, up to watching this video, I looked at stocks based on price, now, all that has changed.