Is this the latest manner to demonstrate hatred against Obama? Bully his daughters on Facebook!

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by Allison2021, Dec 1, 2014.

1. Allison2021

Allison2021 Well-Known Member

Is this the latest manner to demonstrate hatred against Obama? Bully his daughters on Facebook!

2. Allison2021

Allison2021 Well-Known Member

Is this the latest method to demonstrate hatred against Obama? Bully his daughters on Facebook!
    This past weekend I could hardly open my email without getting bombard by friends who were outraged over Elizabeth Lauten's Facebook criticism over the teenaged Obama daughters. Lauten is the communications director for Tennessee Republican Rep. Stephen Fincher.
    There have been Republican women, many who are mothers of teenagers, who have expressed their disappointment in Lauten's unprofessional and obnoxious manner. Attacking children has been considered unprofessional and unbecoming behavior of a journalist.

Lauten wrote, "Dear Sasha and Malia, I get you’re both in those awful teen years, but you’re a part of the First Family, try showing a little class. At least respect the part you play. Then again your mother and father don’t respect their positions very much, or the nation for that matter, so I’m guessing you’re coming up a little short in the ‘good role model’ department. Nevertheless, stretch yourself. Rise to the occasion. Act like being in the White House matters to you. Dress like you deserve respect, not a spot at a bar. And certainly don’t make faces during televised public events."
    Notice what she states about the children's parents. It was that criticism that makes me believe Lauten's hatred of the President and Mrs. Obama is why she has thrown a ball of hate towards those two little girls. Currently, I am a substitute teacher. There is nothing different about the clothing those girls are wearing compared to millions of other teenagers. Therefore, Lauten stating those girls are dressing like they are going to a bar is offensive, sick and twisted!

3. SteakTartare

SteakTartare Senior Investor

Agreed, it was more than a little tacky taking a shot at the kids. While it was an official dinner, they are still teenagers, so get real. I think the children of politicians, at least those under the age of majority, should be "hands off" when it comes to the pundits making their comments.

4. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Senior Investor

I think it is a lot tacky that people would go after the Obama kids.whether you like him or hate him, the kids have nothing to do with it and they should be left alone.

5. ally79

ally79 Guest

I don't find it surprising at all that she has now lost her job over this. I don't agree with Obama about much, but I do agree with his statement that children should be left out of politics and the hatred politicians hurl at each other.

6. gats

gats Senior Investor

People like to get a reaction out of people through trolling celibrities on the internet. I doubt they are doing it because they hate Obama but rather just to get attention from people.

7. Determined2014

Determined2014 Guest

She sure crossed the boundaries, that was way too much, she had to attack the whole family! maybe she thought it would bring good attention towards her, but she just messed up.

8. Muthoni

Muthoni Guest

Someone very wise said that stones are only thrown to trees that have fruits. Most people are so full of hate because they are jealous. There are a number of people who hate to see others happy. This woman falls in this bracket, she attacks the children because she does not have the audacity to pick someone her own size. Children will always be children whether they belong to a king or a pauper. She had no right to attack these beautiful girls. Someone with nothing good to say should respect others and be silent.

9. Kate

Kate Senior Investor

I agree that kids of politicians should be off limits and something like this should have never happened.

It *does* make me wonder, however, where the outrage was when this VERY same thing happened to the Bush twins (re: drinking) while dad was in office? It was reported, and then forgotten, and people didn't get this much up in arms. Interesting, no? It's almost as if someone is fueling the fire concerning *anything* that comes up with Obama, isn't it?

That aside, there was no excuse for this whatever. The dems that bashed the Bush girls didn't have to resign their jobs, but... oh well, eh?

10. SteakTartare

SteakTartare Senior Investor

I noticed that too, Kate. The selective outrage is real cute. Its even more curious that this minor blip results in an instant resignation. All the other members of BO's administration that are eyeball deep in scandals, either took much longer to bail or are still in their office.