Is This The Turning Point For Facebook (fb)?

Discussion in 'Investment Charts' started by Chartman, Mar 20, 2018.

1. Buyonthedips

Buyonthedips Senior Investor

Is this a dead cat bounce or an orchestrated recovery in the Facebook share price? I see the press are starting to discuss Mark Zuckerberg’s future role with Facebook with some suggesting it is becoming untenable.

2. Chartman

Chartman Senior Investor

Keep a close eye on members activity numbers in the next update - if they are falling then FB could be in trouble.

3. Chartman

Chartman Senior Investor

4. gowiththeflow

gowiththeflow Senior Investor

This Congress hearing is unearthing a lot of stuff that FB would have preferred to stay private - is there more bad news to come?

5. gowiththeflow

The recent rally in the share price appears to have been used by stale bulls as an excuse to bail out. More bad news on the way?

6. Chartman

Chartman Senior Investor

While the chart is a little mixed at the moment I think many stale bulls will use this recovery to bail out. If the lost advertising accounts have made no difference this quarter surely that means they will make a bigger difference next quarter?

7. longtermbull

longtermbull Administrator Staff Member

Time for an option straddle? Buy a put and a call option - it will go sharply one way or the other :)

8. gowiththeflow

Agreed - 12 months from now the shares will have either collpased or recovered and more. My guess? I am more of a bear than a bull put it that way :)

9. gowiththeflow

The shares are trying to kick into sustained recovery mode but they are struggling to pull away from the downwards pressure. Still a bear - more bad news to follow if the UK press is anything to go by :)

10. longtermbull

longtermbull Administrator Staff Member

Facebook needs to get back to its core business again and get customers back onside - then it can start to rebuild. These constant denials of no wrong doing are starting to wear thin amongst customers and investors. You just get the feeling there is more to these privacy issues than we know at the moment - it seems to be a murky world, data collection.

Tags: