Is This The Turning Point For Facebook (fb)?

Discussion in 'Investment Charts' started by Chartman, Mar 20, 2018.

1. longtermbull

longtermbull Administrator Staff Member

Social media sector is in free fall - next stop $150 for FB. How did it all go so wrong?

Do they need to switch to data collection/analysis companies and be more upfront?

2. gowiththeflow

gowiththeflow Senior Investor

Has the social media trend ended for good or is this just a short term glitch?

Personally I think there is scope for the sector to recover but it will need to reinvent itself and I am not sure it will be as profitable if it did this. Interesting times that is for sure!

3. longtermbull

If the price does not break through $170 on the current run it will fallback and could be in big trouble. I dont think investors are quite ready to forgive FB and the social media sector in general.

4. gowiththeflow

Looks like your prediction might be coming true :) The shares are very weak at the moment and not sure when they will bounce.

5. Chartman

Chartman Senior Investor

6. longtermbull

I think these social media companies need to re-invent themselves. Their brand is tarnsihed at the moment and not sure users will ever forget.

7. Chartman

Chartman Senior Investor

Another day, another data breach with 50m accounts put at risk. Even though the situation has been resolved it does seem to have been a very simple blunder on the part of FB. How long before we see very heavy regulation of this sector? Social media giants like FB have a lot of personal data about their members. How many breaches is one too many?

8. longtermbull

Regulations need to be introduced to control this growing mess. These companies have personal info which could certainly be used to the detriment of FB members if it got into the wrong hands. These hackers do not hack just for the sake of it, they must have a plan to use the personal data of potentially 50m users. We shall see.....

9. gowiththeflow

WhatsApp will soon be awash with ads and the regulators are lining up to have a go at FB - tricky times for the company and you get the impression there may be more bad news to come in the short to medium term. Brave person to invest at the moment but fortune does favour the brave as they say.

10. Buyonthedips

Buyonthedips Senior Investor

I just thought I would take another look at this one, which looks to be at a critical point in a potential recovery. However, there is more negative comment in the press today suggesting deeper access to member information was given to various third parties. The shares have lost $80 from their all-time high!

Tags: