Is Twitter (twtr) Worth A Look?

Discussion in 'Investment Charts' started by Chartman, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Chartman

Chartman Senior Investor

2. Buyonthedips

Buyonthedips Senior Investor

Twitter shares are in a very tight trading range at the moment and could go either way :)

I always see Twitter as the poor cousin of FB, etc but maybe, just maybe, the shares are set to stage a recovery?

3. gowiththeflow

gowiththeflow Senior Investor

Looking at the overall picture, Twitter has done well to survive the onslaught from the likes of Facebook and Google. Maybe there is a hidden gem in there? Maybe Twitter does have a long term future while the "new kids on the block" come and go.

4. longtermbull

longtermbull Administrator Staff Member

Weak guidance from the company does not bode well for the short term. I have always been under the impression Twitter was always trying to play catchup with the bigger players but every share has a level when they look interesting. Is Twitter approaching that level?

5. gowiththeflow

Twitter was once regularly touted as a takeover target - will those days ever come back? Could it be a takeover target at some stage?

6. Chartman

Chartman Senior Investor

7. Buyonthedips

Drifted back a little but to be expected. Might be an interesting one to pickup for the longer term if the profit takers push the price any lower. Any views anyone?

8. gowiththeflow

If this trend in improved performance of the company does continue then the shares may have a lot further to go. Interesting buy on weakness?

9. Chartman

Chartman Senior Investor

A consolidation above $38 would be bullish and maybe give the shares a platform to move higher?

10. Buyonthedips

The Twitter share price has dipped from the recent spike but I don’t really see any significant downside from the current level. The pullback was probably caused by traders looking to bank a profit. I would expect a little bit of consolidation around the current level and then a gradual move higher.