ISIS Bans Pigeons

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by JoshPosh, Jun 6, 2015.

1. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2016
  2. Onionman

Onionman Senior Investor

That's a funny one! The only thing that would question the strength of the story is that it comes from the Daily Express. Not the most reliable of newspapers if you're really looking for the full facts of a situation...

3. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Guest

4. missbishi

missbishi Well-Known Member

As a UK resident, I can tell you that neither the Express or the Mail are the most "rational" of news sources. However, you couldn't make stuff like this up could you?

Thinking about it though, I've seen plenty of pigeons in my time and never once noticed their "parts".

5. SteakTartare

SteakTartare Senior Investor

Just when you thought the whole ISIS thing couldn't get more bizarre-o, a news article like this emerges. I'm reminded of a quote attributed to Einstein: "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about th’universe!"

6. gracer

gracer Senior Investor

To be honest I'm actually laughing right now as I'm writing this post. What kind of mindset do the ISIS really have. I could never understand them and would definitely never try to. How ridiculous is it? Banning pigeons because you can see their genitals while they're up there? Oh my!

7. Calamity

Calamity Member

ISIL is getting ridiculous, but a key factor to remember is that they feed off of the media attention. It's the exact reason that combating them is seemingly superfluous. As bizarre as banning pigeons may be it gets them media attention, and in turn feeds their recruitment. It goes to the saying "any publicity is good publicity." To a certain degree giving them all the media exposure we do is doing more harm than good, but then again. We have to expose what ISIL is doing. Ultimately it is a double edged blade.

8. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

What?! That's totally ludicrous!!! Why let such thoughts pervert one's minds, and how on earth do you ban birds from flying overhead?...this is just another dumb cry for attention..don't you think?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2016
  9. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

I'm for ignoring ISIS completely. They crave attention. Ignore them and we'll the less we hear of them, fewer people [not even radicalized young people] would be interested in what they are doing. If ISIS gets no recruits as they are killed in dozens they'll grow weaker and their fighters will begin deserting or turning against them.

As for them banning pigeons which have been flying around for ages, I agree with @ Calamity that all they wanted was attention and they got it.