ISIS Could Target the Philippines

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by gracer, Jan 17, 2016.

1. Alex

Alex Senior Investor

It would be unrealistic to ban Muslims, because there are sympathizers too. It would not be fair to target Muslims who are peaceful, but this is an issue that is quietly being plotted in all countries in the world.

Much depends on the police, local intelligence and also how the security services operate. Even then, people can slip through and it just takes one.

2. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

You cannot "ban" people of a said religion. Mainly because it'll be impossible to define who is part of the religion. I'm an atheist but I could easily pass for a Christian since that's what I used to be. If a muslim terrorist was coming to a country, knowing muslims can't enter, then they would simply get rid of all religious ties and items and go through as an atheist.

But we should adopt the same system that the UAE has. Any non-citizen who is even suspected of a crime is deported there. And of course never allowed to come back. That country pretty much has a crime rate of 0%.

3. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

Any country in the world is under threat from ISIS at the moment and the sad thing is, no matter what the authorities do, nothing seems to be working at the moment.

I'm not even sure if there is an effective plan out there that's going to stop IS, and that's an even more worrying though for the future generations.

4. gracer

gracer Senior Investor

You're right guys! I think no country is ever safe from the influence of ISIS nowadays. The more they grow, the more it becomes difficult to destroy them. If only something could be done to destroy all of them, especially their main body out there in Syria. What can the world do to stop this group from growing?

5. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

This is quite scary news. But I think ISIS can be anywhere, in the Philippines, in the America, everywhere! There are many people who look up to that group and want to be a part of it, isn't that quite scary? They don't even have to recruit people because people come directly to them. I hope they have more thinking about their decisions, joining that group isn't going to do us any good and it isn't going to do them any good. It's like they sold their souls to the evil ones and there's no going back after that.

6. ScooterBrandon

ScooterBrandon Senior Investor

244lb, how in the world have you not commented on this thread!
    http://www.bullmarketboard.com/threads/5782-Why-is-the-death-penalty-a-right-wing-value

Give it a read.
    You'll see I am very outspoken in my hatred of the death penalty, in all circumstances with no exceptions.
    The entire idea of "acts of terrorism" is so open to interpretation, that saying people who commit acts of terrorism should be murdered by the government is one of the most outrageous things I have heard this year. Just imagine how that could be abused...
    In fact I think the Chinese government is using a similar justification against the Falun Gong...

7. djordjem87

djordjem87 Well-Known Member

This is just terrible. It looks like they are working according to a plan and this locals joining. If this trend continues we will all have to take defending to our own hands. Each house on its own. it is starting to get global and it is a bit scary. I haven't heard any official statement from my government on this and I feel it is about time to hear something from them. We all have familes to take care of.

8. Ancient350

Ancient350 Banned

Malaysia and Thailand will be ISIS's next target.