ISIS' Own Currency

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by gracer, Jun 26, 2015.

1. gracer

gracer Senior Investor

Can you ever imagine the ISIS having their own currency? They have recently released pictures of their so called coins made up of silver and gold. The thing is, they won't be for much use anyway because it is not an internationally recognized currency. This could be just another way for the ISIS to tell the public that they are powerful, by creating their own money.

It isn't clear yet how they were able to create the coins and how they got the materials in doing so. It is believed that they have imported their materials from abroad.

ISIS is known to be one of the richest terrorist groups in history. They make money from black market oil sales, aggressive taxation, robbery, extortion, wealthy donors, human trafficking and looting the properties and ancient monuments they have seized.

Here's a link to the article:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...ree-from-satanic-global-economy-10342632.html

2. Sunflogun

Sunflogun Well-Known Member

I cannot. For them to have a currency they would have to have a state where that currency could be used and I don't think that the rest of the world could allow that. How can they terrorize the world and still be a nation with a currency?

3. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

Think of countries like Somalia. Different parts of the country use different currencies. But you can only use the money in specific regions where it is accepted. Same thing could apply for the ISIS issued currency. As long as the residents of the territories occupied by ISIS recognize it, they'll use it but since IS isn't recognized as a State by the international community, the currency would be of no value elsewhere. Another way to control the people?

4. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Guest

Let them have their fun for now. Eventually they will go down and having that coin around will be a memory of how stupid and radical irrational religious people are.

5. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

Considering the fact that not much is being done to defeat the terrorists, we'll be hearing more about them for a really long time unless the people they govern take up arms against their oppressors. Two or three days ago, they hanged two boys for eating when they should have been fasting. Such savagery is what will bring their reign of terror to an abrupt end. While they still cling to power, let them make more coins . . .

6. gracer

gracer Senior Investor

It's such a tragic fate for those two young boys. I also wish for the time when the ISIS would finally be defeated. If only all the people they govern and oppress would take arms against them, there's a possibility that they would become weaker and powerless. After all, how can something be powerful if it doesn't have anything to rule upon?

7. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

I think there will be a turning point somewhere. Israel, Turkey and America don't like Assad and the terrorists are trying to drive him out. The moment Assad is out of the picture, those who hated him will rouse themselves and the fight against ISIS will be more serious because the Turks won't want them approaching their borders and to create a buffer zone . . .

I just wish the Arabs would all unite and fight ISIS together. That way they [ISIS] will have nowhere to run when the tide turns against them.

8. gracer

gracer Senior Investor

In relation to ISIS. I read an article on the New York Times about a young American woman whom they have lured and recruited through the internet. It talks about how they were able to get in touch with her and the seemingly lucrative and attractive way of how they convinced her to convert to Islam. Reading it made me think twice about being extra cautious on the people I encounter on the internet especially through Social Media. It's really scary when you think about how they brainwash people who are vulnerable.

Here's the link, it's quite long but it's worth the read:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/28/w...line-recruiting-american.html?smid=tw-nytimes

9. Sunflogun

Sunflogun Well-Known Member

That is another mystery in my head gracer, how can people from developed and informed countries be lured into those extremist groups. What promises can they possibly make that make killing justifiable?

10. gracer

gracer Senior Investor

You're so right. This young woman is from a very developed and informed country and yet she still fell into the trap of this extremist group. She has been so brainwashed that even the intervention of her grandmother couldn't stop her from keeping her communication with the group. I could describe their brainwashing as similar to a very addictive drug where everything a person sees and feels once under the influence are all illusions. When will this group ever disappear?

Tags: