Israel to pay students to make pro Israeli FB posts and tweets etc

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Casper, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Casper

Casper Well-Known Member

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...they-tweet-proisraeli-propaganda-8760142.html

No surprise there then, as if 'sock puppets' are unheard of. Have to wonder, why announce it tho?

'Quick, send out another million tweets asking for money and saying the Palestinians bombed their own children'

The best way they could improve their image is to stop being a terrorist state, unequivocally apologise for the massive death destruction and persecution they engage in, start making some restitution and institute a democratic single state solution where all are equal.

2. Casper

Casper Well-Known Member

And at the other extreme, they ban all "extremist and harmful expressions".... what like "This is where we draw the line; Free Free Palestine".... Shuks

[​IMG]

3. Profit5500

Profit5500 Senior Investor

Paying people to post on Facebook its just corrupt on Israels end. I wonder what are they hoping to get out of all this.

4. Livvy

Livvy Well-Known Member

It's not like they're the first people to think to pay people to post on Facebook. Hell, most of the Facebook farms are in that general area of the world. Although considering what has came out in recent days from even the UN in terms of the war over there, maybe hold off on believing this quite yet.

5. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

Even if the students actually are paid to make pro-Israel posts on FB and send tweets that make Israel look good, fact is most people in the world are mad at Israel for what they've done up to this point. They may deceive themselves and others that more and more people are endorsing what they are doing but it will in no way change the public image most people have of them now — Israel is no better than the Hamas terrorists they are 'fighting.'

6. Kate

Kate Senior Investor

You don't think this goes on *daily* from all different kinds of companies, organizations, and countries? It certainly does. It's just that some people take it out of context to turn it against Israel (or the US or Iraq or Saudi or England.... etc. etc. Whatever the "let's badmouth ____" place or company of the moment is.

This has been common since Facebook started. Oh wait, before that there was MySpace.

7. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

No surprise here, the thing is people do have eyes and we do know what's going on regardless of what happens on Facebook.

8. Casper

Casper Well-Known Member

Interesting. Are you suggesting the OP is 'out of context' in some way?

Are you suggesting that 'X brand washing powder paying people to sing the praises of X brand washing powder' is comparable to 'paying people to justify the indiscriminate and wholesale slaughter of children who have nowhere to hide, not even inside the protection of U.N designated safe zones such as schools, hospitals etc'?

Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
  9. Kate

Kate Senior Investor

Yep, I know this to be a fact, Livvy, because I've seen "workers wanted" ads where companies pay people to post on their Facebook. Doesn't seem fair or even ethical, but it's been happening for more than a decade, back to the MySpace days.

I'm not sure it makes a difference... at least in my case, all it does is make me cynical about the company or organization doing the paying. :D

10. Casper

Casper Well-Known Member

But if you are comparing it things like this:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/20...icans-cuba-rebellion-hiv-workshops?CMP=twt_gu

I can see a similarity... but then again is it a question of moral equivalency; 'where do you draw the line and is it morally legitimate', (especially when people are dying)?

The fact is, there is an information war going on and people need to question the validity of what is being stated from all sources. This is not easy and many people just do not have the time or resources to analyse information which is often covertly disseminated by extremely biased parties using trusted sources, such as in this instance, the BBC.

http://electronicintifada.net/blogs/amena-saleem/bbc-trying-shore-support-israels-assault-gaza

Last edited: Aug 4, 2014