Jehovah Witnesses a cult?!?!

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by MNyte, Aug 7, 2015.

1. edustadar001

edustadar001 Member

I don't know so much about this religion excepting a few things. First of all I know that they are visiting all people sequentially to provide them some material for reading. I have no idea what exactly they want to show us with this kind of stuff because I never took something to read from them but probably it is related with their religion. The second thing I know is that not all of them are doing this trips from house to house. There some further information I got also but these information does not really hold water because this is only snipping of knowledge.

2. AtlantaSports

AtlantaSports Senior Investor

I thought it was somewhat common knowledge that the Jehovah's Witnesses are a cult. I have friends and colleagues who have been associated/are currently associated with them.

3. AtlantaSports

AtlantaSports Senior Investor

You can use the knowledge that the former members/current members give to you to make up what your opinion of the religion is.

4. gmckee1985

gmckee1985 Senior Investor

I try not to judge folks for their religious preferences. As long as they're not hurting anyone or interfering with my life I dont much care what folks believe. That being said I've always found Jehoviahs Witnesses to be a bit odd. The doctorine of the church is not very compelling to me and I would definitely never consider joining. I've found most folks that follow the religion to be pretty pleasant, in my limited experiences with them, though.