Joe Biden on Colbert

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by kgord, Sep 11, 2015.

1. kgord

kgord Senior Investor

I got the opportunity to see Joe Biden on Colbert last night. I couldn't help but be impressed with his overall attitude and humility. I think he is a good man. I hope he does run as he is most likely the only Democrat that could take out the Republican machine. I realize he isn't perfect, but he is decent, and we need more decency in this country, and far less hate.

2. Onionman

Onionman Senior Investor

I've always felt that he's come across well. But in a way I kind of think his opportunity may have gone. He seems to be well established in many people's minds as a Vice President and maybe not now as a President

Perhaps I'm also being a bit ageist but by the end of this year he'll be 73 years old, and with Hillary turning 68 years old soon as well that would likely be the oldest Democrat front runners in history. I doubt whether that will work in his favor.

3. Kicker774

Kicker774 Well-Known Member

It's very tough to be the guy to stand up to old rich white dudes when your an old rich white dude.

4. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

He's not at all rich - upper middle class perhaps. But certainly not anywhere near "rich" - particularly for being 70-something.

http://www.davemanuel.com/pols/joe-biden/

I certainly wouldn't want to see him get elected, but I'd much rather he get the nomination than Hillary.

5. AtlantaSports

AtlantaSports Senior Investor

If it somehow comes down to him or Hilary, I'll take him all day.

6. Corzhens

Corzhens Senior Investor

I have read about Joe Biden and I find him cool. But just that - cool, prim and proper guy. Maybe we can say that Biden is the opposite of Hillary who seems to have the guts of a man, a decisive politician who makes things move... although not always in the right direction. But anyway, I agree with a comment that Biden is better than Hillary in terms of good points. So that leaves the Democrat with a so-so candidate? The Republicans would be having a heyday, you know.