Johnny Depp and Amber Heard's Australian apology

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Alex, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Alex

Alex Senior Investor

I'm sure most people have seen the comical apology these actors made when Heard was caught not declaring her pet dogs arriving by private jet (Pistol and Boo). Do people really need to take their pets everywhere with them?

In any case, the acting was so bad on the video apology they made, people are wondering how they have made a career out of acting. It was the worst scripted thing I had seen, badly executed and Depp and Heard would be best of hiding for a while.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-36069863

2. erook7878

erook7878 Well-Known Member

That was the funniest and most puzzling apology videos I've ever seen. Heard seemed genuine enough where I can buy it. Depp on the other hand was just straight up trolling. He sounded and looked like a New Jersey mob boss.

3. kgord

kgord Senior Investor

well, weird as it might be at least I think it got them out of trouble. The whole thing was silly really, but then they are silly people. It doesn't surprise me that this thing went down the way it did. However, it is one of the things that they thought they might need to find and to use. It is just one of the ways that people try to apologize in the modern age I guess.

4. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

I think it's easy to see that the apology was a bit of a joke, and just what they thought of the charge in the first place. While it might have been all done in jest, it does leave the Australian government looking a little silly, and especially with the fact they seem to have accepted the apology!

5. TheApollonian

TheApollonian Well-Known Member

The Australian gov't should have let it go and the media shouldn't have gone crazy over it. They're high profile celebrities who just wanted to bring their dogs not some smugglers taking tigers out of China for goodness sake. It's an embarrassing apology video to say the least but the steward, the pilot, their PR manager should've done something before taking those dogs into the flight. How the hell would those celebrities have known?

6. Alex

Alex Senior Investor

I think Heard and Depp look foolish and while the Australians have laid down the law, they seem to have allowed one rule for the rich and famous. Clearly it was common sense and arrogance that led to this, and I am sure sane people would declare a pet because they know the risks of not doing so.

I read also they blamed their PA for not doing the paperwork, well a simple tick on the form to say do you or don't you have animals with you doesn't take a genius to know what to tick?

7. Alex

Alex Senior Investor

Sorry, this is the most silly thing I have heard.

They broke the law, simple and they knew it. It's not smuggling it's about disease control. It's not up to their PR, or the pilot. They are the owners of the dogs and take responsibility. That's like saying they are your children, but let's blame my PR and the pilot for not doing anything. The pilot's job was the fly the plane, he did that. The PR person was there to get cameras to meet and greet them, that they did. It's called being human and taking responsibility for your own actions. I hoep you are not a prson that goes around blaming others for what you fail to do as it sounds like it!