Josh Duggar Caught on Ashley Madison

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by SteakTartare, Aug 20, 2015.

1. TheApollonian

TheApollonian Well-Known Member

The guy is just all kinds of human. I'd be more surprised if someone was a straight-laced Christian and not have any kind of fetish or desire for what he considers taboo. The Ashley Madison hack just made transparent what we really are which is torrid, sexed up primordial creatures that procreate to any end. Atleast now we know who he truly is and won't be able to escape that fact.

2. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

I wouldn't exactly say it's the most newsworthy headline I've ever read to be honest, and as long as his actions have no reflection on my life then I guess he can do what he wants.

Don't get me wrong, I don't condone cheating but I'm sure he's not the first person to be caught, and I'm pretty sure he won't be the last, and just because he's famous shouldn't really make a difference in my opinion.

3. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

Damn right...@baudwalk! there is so much to life than trivial stuff like that, then again to each his/her own ;).

4. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Senior Investor

It is more TV drama that keeps celebrity news channels in business. I am really getting sick of it being blasted on the cover of every magazine at the news stand. There are much more important things going on in this world that need to be broadcasted

5. AtlantaSports

AtlantaSports Senior Investor

The Duggars are a joke and Josh is the biggest joke.

6. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

What I believe, Christianity ought not to be for show and glamour but to live in humility and follow in the footsteps of HIM who taught us how to do it, its when you tread on high success like that, that you become an open target for the evil one to destroy...either way, if he repents wholeheartedly, GOD is always willing to forgive and forget.

7. nissi

nissi Well-Known Member

Things like this just show that what Jesus said is true, when he said not everyone who calls him Lord, is actually saved. When we are born again through the Spirit of God dwelling within us, we become new creatures with all new desires. We are a new person with a changed heart. The Spirit works in us every day and doesn't leave us doing something that's wrong without strong conviction to turn away. So if someone is continuing in their sin, it's because they aren't truly saved. Josh didn't fess up until he was caught as well which is another huge red flag. Don't believe everyone who says they're a Christian. Jesus said we will KNOW THEM BY THEIR FRUITS (actions).

8. L_B

L_B Well-Known Member

He definitely did not have Christian beliefs or he never would have been doing the things he has done. They are only the things that we heard. I am sure there are many more skeltons in his closet that will never come out. He didn't just get caught for two things he done. I think it is only the tip of the iceberg. Glad that they are out of the public eye now! There are a lot better things that needs to be focused on!

9. knitmehere

knitmehere Well-Known Member

Anyone who needs to use a website in order to cheat deserves to be caught. I have to agree with previous comments in that the show is a joke and so is Josh.

10. jfrack

jfrack Guest

I dont follow the whole Duggar family and what not, but I do know they are supposedly very strict Catholics. And eventually someone will want to "rebel" against any strict rule, and thats what this man unfortunately did.