Kentucky's Mall St. Matthews Shuts Down After Brawls Involving Up to 2,000

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Rainman, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Scooby Snack

Scooby Snack Well-Known Member

I've just discovered Colin Flaherty's YouTube channel, which has a video compilation highlighting no less than FOURTEEN incidents of Black mob violence at malls in just THREE days: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joA3h5OS24k (one of these incidents was in my hometown of Newport News, VA...it's SO embarrassing, as it's actually a decent place to live, from what I remember).

He's dismissed as a racist, of course, but he's highlighting something extremely important which far too many Liberals want to ignore. It's notable that Allan West and Thomas Sowell, two Black conservatives, support Flaherty's work. But of course those two men (and likely myself as well) would be shunned as Uncle Toms for daring to criticize what seems to be a lack of civility that is unique to poor, urban areas with large populations of Blacks.

2. kgord

kgord Senior Investor

Yes, they had some kind of big mall fight here in this area too. Like I am sure someone accidentally spilled a slurpee on somebody's shoes, or bumped into somebody and didn't say sorry. It is so nuts. Everybody is so worried about being "dissed" they forget to act like rational human beings. Slap them all with fines...and ban them from the mall, that might teach them to behave like humans.

3. ScooterBrandon

ScooterBrandon Senior Investor

There is something interesting going on under this surface of this thread. Something understood but not declared.
    Let's say A is A, call a spade a spade.

Are you guys and gals saying that the members of the Black community conduct themselves like this because of their socio-economic situation, or are you really trying to say that they conduct themselves like this simply because they are Black.

I find it hard to believe that because their ancestors grew up in an area with more UV light and they developed darker skin pigmentation, that it would have such a profound impact on their behavior.

4. Scooby Snack

A couple years ago I was a hardcore Lefty and would blame Black American dysfunction on "racism"--everything is so much easier that way--even though I had grown up watching this dysfunction unfold before my very eyes in the various communities I grew up in, and saw that it had zero to do with white racism and white supremacy, and 100% to do with how these people conducted themselves and how they viewed and engaged with the world. It was their attitudes holding them back, and nothing else. While I am uncomfortable in asserting that racism didn't ever or won't ever, influence the lives of at least SOME of the Black folks I grew up with, I am extremely confident in opining that at least 90% of their problems were their OWN damned fault.

5. ScooterBrandon

ScooterBrandon Senior Investor

I agree with the statement that
    "least 90% of their problems were their OWN damned fault"
    but this isn't just for one set of people. I could easily say that for most of the developed world that 90% of the peoples fault is a direct result of their actions.
    But there has to be something else going on here, I do not believe that race has that big of an effect.
    In fact different human races are so genetically similar, compare us to dogs.
    There are different breeds of dogs that act different ways and are genetically different. Humans are so genetically similar that if we were held to the same standard of dogs, ALL humans would be considered the same breed.

6. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

SOME (nowhere near all) of the US black population has been brainwashed by things like the gangsta/hip-hop culture, and by the radical militant grievance hustlers like Sharpton, Jackson, the Black Panthers, etc. These people and organizations do not want to put the things that occurred here centuries ago behind us. And they do not want to hear that those things have always gone on everywhere else in the world (including where their ancestors came from), and continue in those other places to this day.

Nothing good can come from a sub-culture that glorifies tribalism, violence, drugs, financial and sexual irresponsibility, etc. And that views prison time, kill counts, fathering a large number of children with multiple women, and blowing whatever money they make on "bling" as badges of honor. And who view those who speak proper English, work hard, obey the law, finish school, go to college or trade school, and get good jobs or form legit businesses as "Uncle Toms" or whatever.

It all feeds upon itself and spirals into a sub-culture that views themselves as victims, and who eschew any responsibility or blame for their own actions or in-actions, and assign blame to things like "institutionalized racism" and "white supremacy". That's why so many militants and leftists hate the Ben Carsons and Allen Wests of the world - they not only succeeded, they also refused to be "victims" who blamed society for any and every hurdle they crossed, and didn't expect handouts.

Life is pretty damned tough for just about all of us for at least a while. My parents were working class blue collar people, and after HS, I went to work and was largely on my own and pretty much always barely getting by throughout college and for a while after... I fell on my ass hard a couple of times during the time between my mid twenties and early thirties. I picked myself up, dusted myself off, regrouped and re-assessed my situation, and kept moving forward. I had already figured out that life isn't fair, but I refused to be a victim and blame anyone but myself.

My ancestors were Native Americans and Post-civil war European immigrants. They never owned slaves. And they all worked hard to make modest livings for themselves. I was the first person on either side of my family to ever graduate college and earn six figures.

I've known many people over the years of various races and colors who never figured out that for just about all of us life isn't supposed to be easy when we're starting out (and often for a long time after), and that no one is going to just step out of the audience at your college graduation ceremony and hand you a million dollars, a 6 or 7 figure job to do nothing but daydream, a $500k sports car, and a mansion. It just doesn't work that way, usually not even if your Dad is Chairman of a Fortune 500 company. None of us start off at the top, and those who choose to blame "racism" or whatever when they don't are really doing themselves a disservice.

7. nissi

nissi Well-Known Member

People are so blind and lost in this world. We wrestle not against flesh and blood.

8. Scooby Snack

Thomas Sowell made a great observation that the difference is CULTURE. I think this is most obvious when you se Black children adopted by white families. Even if that kid came from the WORST of circumstances, 9 times out of 10 he or she will FLOURISH in their new home, precisely because they are away from all the cultural elements that would otherwise sabotage their chances at a healthy future.

9. Penny

Penny Well-Known Member

I suggest you look a little closer at what cross-racially adopted adults are actually saying rather than make assumptions about their lives.

10. Geebobb70

Geebobb70 New Member

To quote from Animal Farm "the oppressed shall become the oppressors"
    Bullies use past or even imagined victimisation to justify narcissistic behaviour
    Sadly its pretty common human manipulation