Knowing The Future?

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Rainman, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

In the days of yore people would consult oracles hoping that they'd know what would happen in future. They'd get mostly vague information that was practically worthless but filled them with hope that there were good things in store for them. These days we've got horoscopes. Much as people pretend they aren't superstitious many take a look at horoscopes first thing in the morning. I've heard that some companies even hire astrologers when they are hiring new employees so they can choose only the right ones.

Just curious, guys, if you it were possible to predict what will happen in future accurately, would you want to know when you'll die and how?

2. AtlantaSports

AtlantaSports Senior Investor

I wouldn't wanna know how I would die. It would take away the entire experience of life. That would ruin my peace of mind.

3. manoharb

manoharb Senior Investor

Death is beautiful truth for me, I like, If i knew, when i will die. about Peace of Mind, for me, Peace of mind is in accepting truth with open heart. Death is unwritten truth. If I knew, when i will die , I will celebrate that date same like birthday. about Astrologers and Horoscope. I daily see, many Astrologer's stoplosses get triggered daily in Stock market.

4. anorexorcist

anorexorcist Well-Known Member

I think that one of the most amazing things in life is that you are not sure of what is going to happen, everything is changing every time we make a decision. So I don't think that it would be nice for me to know when and how I'm going to die, I would probably be scared all the time and life would definitely won't be the same for me.

5. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

I don't think I'd want to know when and how I would die, because then I'd always be counting the days down, knowing that you'd only have a certain amount of years or months to go.

I don't believe that anybody can predict the future, and people that say they can see what's in store, tend to be fake who are just after making money, in ny opinion.

6. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Guest

That is a scary question. If it is fate and can't be changed because it it the future, then I wouldn't want to know. I would just let it be and let faith takes it's course. but at the same time curiosity would get the best of me.

7. TheApollonian

TheApollonian Well-Known Member

I'd like to know when and how so I can prevent it. Death is a disease and knowing the future will save us all.

8. ScooterBrandon

ScooterBrandon Senior Investor

Your death isn't predetermined, therefor it isn't known until it happens.
    You can use past events and a supercomputer to find a statistically likely outcome, but nothing is for certain.

Anyone who "predicts" the future is just peddling BS

9. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

If I could somehow predict the future, I would buy the single winning powerball or megamillions ticket once it got above a half a billion or so.

Then I'd turn those couple hundred million or so into many billions with my ability to predict stocks, commodities, broad markets, etc.

:D

10. JessieJ

JessieJ Guest

I would prefer not to know anything that will happen in my future. It would ruin the whole point of living life.