Lawsuit Against President Obama

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by May102014, Aug 4, 2014.

1. Kate

Kate Senior Investor

This may or may not be an appropriate time to remember that in 2006, President Bush was sued ("all of them democrats") over the budget. :) The spin machines do seem to have an issue with short term memory loss sometimes, eh?

2. Kate

Kate Senior Investor

Did you have these feelings when the democrats sued Bush in 2006? Just curious....

3. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

Read some of the proposed legislation the Repubs vote down. And some the Repubs propose that Reid sits on.

We already infuse the educational systems with huge amounts of tax dollars. Much of it is not used effectively or efficiently, unfortunately.

My personal opinion is that math and science need to be emphasized moreso than arts.

I am also leery of government funding private business development - I think the private sector is better at this. There's so much possibility for corruption, waste, and cronyism when govt is involved.

4. Profit5500

Profit5500 Senior Investor

I say to hell with how the Republicans feel about bringing a lawsuit against the president. No one from the Democratic party brought this issue up when George W. Bush was president. So all of a sudden President Barack Obama is being sued by the whiny Republicans because they have nothing else to live for? Well no one is going to be happy about the president and this is still his second term right? I don't think John Boehner is caving into pressure about this but I am not thinking about him. I mean there is numerous arguments about the lawsuit but I am not rooting for it because its a waste of time.

5. Kate

Kate Senior Investor

Did you read the rest of this thread, perchance? The Democrats *DID* indeed bring a lawsuit against Bush just 8 years ago. Same thing... over the budget that time. Not nearly as much partisan squawking as this time when Obama is involved, eh? Wonder why? Oh well... can't say it's not expected but I'd think more people would have remembered before bringing this up.

6. Profit5500

Profit5500 Senior Investor

Gee that is because Bush led us into trillions of dollars of debt that we did not want to endured. It was because of his no good congress and himself wanting to finish what his father had started during Conflict Desert Storm. most of the budget went into us going to Iraq on the false claim that there were weapons of mass destruction when there wasn't. All Bush wanted was the oil for himself and his rich buddies pockets. At least with Obama he is wanting to help reestablish what was lost in this economy. It is tough for him because his congress does not want work with him. The stupid Republicans have no real reason to form a lawsuit against him. At least with Obama in office we were able to get rid of Osama Bin Laden the terrorist who was responsible for 9/11 terrorist attack. So yes I read this thread and I still don't think that the Republicans are going to win this lawsuit that they are bringing up.

7. springbreeze

springbreeze Well-Known Member

I can understand your view. But I have to say, I'm always for balance. I think the arts play an equal role in our individual development as well as in our cities and cultures. Everything beautiful in the world, including technology, comes from some sort of artistic expression.

When websites are created, widgets, texts and colors are not dumped anywhere without thought. Someone has to use the artsy side of their brain to make a website visualy appealing.

The same goes for developing cities, especially touristic parts of cities. Pretty cities tend to attract more tourists and therefore bring more money to the state as well as local businesses.

No matter how technologically or scientifically advanced something is, beauty ends up being a major determining factor on its success. Take a look at business companies' use of commercials and ads. It doesn't matter if it's food, grocery stores, medicine, a new computer, a cell phone, a presidential campaign, or political opinion - marketing is always needed to spread the idea or brand in order to increase the number customers or followers. And that all comes from the arts.

8. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

Just about everyone on both sides of the isle wanted to go into Iraq going back a good decade prior to us actually going in. They all saw Sadam as perhaps our biggest threat, and I'm pretty sure there were WMD that were moved out of there before we got in. Even if that isn't the case, most on both sides thought there were WMD.

We DID NOT get the oil. I think we should have taken it and paid the people a 20% royalty, just like oil companies do here.

Osama was taken out because of the intelligence gathered by the "torture" Obama opposes. Obama didn't get him - Navy Seals did. All Obama did was give the approval - and who wouldn't? It's too bad Seals were killed after in retaliation for Obama's bragging.

How exactly is Obama reestablishing what was lost in the economy? Obamacare? Higher taxes? Increased regs? Using the AG and EPA to extort billions from companies? Threatening companies who even consider moving operations overseas to avoid the world's highest corporate tax? Shutting down offshore drilling in 2010?

The only things that have enabled this very sluggish recovery are the energy boom on private lands and the Fed keeping rates at zero and pumping and printing money nonstop.