Learning how to trade in a day?

Discussion in 'Stock Market Education' started by Sugarhill, Oct 14, 2014.

1. Strykstar

Strykstar Well-Known Member

I'm not sure about that specific course, but I imagine it might simply be a quick course to show you the absolute basics of trading, that might be possible, you could even do it yourself by reading online.
    You won't get the ins and outs of it, but you'd get a general overview.

2. daveM

daveM Member

It took me a lot more than a day, for some reason I suspect any claim about fast learning. I am still learning after many years......

3. Onionman

Onionman Senior Investor

You can learn all kinds of stuff in a day. It doesn't mean that you can actually properly use it consistently over time. Don't get sucked into assuming that it's a simple game that you can pick up and make consistently good returns. There have been many well-established investors that have lost their shirts because they think they understand how to play the game.

Don't assume you know anything after a day. We all suffer from overconfidence and are blindsided by our biases. So respect the market and learn more as you go along.

4. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

It's hard to learn it in one day, but if we do have the interest we can start learning in one day and the days that follow as well lol because some things are only learned with experience.

5. teastocks

teastocks Well-Known Member

To become good at anything in this life especially trading you will have to invest lots of time to learning and practicing and I really believe in the 10,000 hour rule. I really think that if you want to master something especially something like trading then you are going to have to learn a lot. I have been learning a lot and I am still learning new things as the days go by.

6. eagletal88

eagletal88 Guest

I don't think there is any need to buy into a program like that. There is so much free information on the web, including this forum. Plus, most of the folks here aren't trying to sell you a program, so they can give unfiltered advice based on their years and years of investing. The good, bad, and ugly so to say :)

7. Peninha

Peninha Senior Investor

I agree, no need to buy anything to start with, we can simply read, get informed, try, ask around and like you say our community here is the best place to do it. :)

8. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

You can find some free courses, those might be worth it. But I wouldn't pay for one. As the others have said, no one will share their winning formula and in the end experience is the most important thing... And There is just one way to get it.

9. tournique

tournique Well-Known Member

Free courses are the best way to start getting some knowledge. After becoming more and more informed you can invest in some quality guides. But remember, no guide is written to make you rich :).

10. Colebra

Colebra Well-Known Member

I've seen plenty of free courses around... Check www.coursera.org when you get the chance.

And don't buy whatever you were about to buy...
    That's the only advice I can give you when it comes to the stock market, and you would be dumb not to take it.

Take care!