Learning how to trade in a day?

Discussion in 'Stock Market Education' started by Sugarhill, Oct 14, 2014.

1. Yosh

Yosh Well-Known Member

Yeah, I agree with this. Especially when it's regarding money, it's probably best to make sure you know what you're doing, and that you know the risks involved.

2. ScooterBrandon

ScooterBrandon Senior Investor

Seems like they are more interested in making money from selling you a course then teaching you to trade.
    Sure you can "learn to trade" in a day, as much as you can learn to play hockey in a day. Just because you know how to play hockey doesn't mean you won't be terrible at it. Just because you "know how to trade" doesn't mean you will make a dime.
    Most professional traders have 4 year degree's in the field and a tonne of experience.
    You can learn A LOT for FREE just by READING! Check out a few good sites (investopedia) , and check out a few trading books from the library (Rule #1 Investing.)

3. norms options

norms options Well-Known Member

I would steer clear of whoever is trying to sell you this mis-mash. You will only know enough to do a lot of damage to your personal finances. If you really want to trade, do it with fake money while you are learning. I know you can open a virtual trading account at yahoo finance or at options house, so there is no reason to risk the money you have worked so hard for. If you use a virtual account for six months and find that it is something you like and are good at, then trade away, but the truth is that a vast majority of traders end up losing money in the long run. You may want to check out selling options as a strategy as there is a small amount of built in safety if you use them right, but to trade in individual stocks, especially day trade, is a fools errand.

4. Zander Collision

Zander Collision Member

I have seen people spend at least 1 year to train themselves before plunging into the market. Learning how to trade in one day is like loosing weight in one day. Don't go for the magic pill because there isn't any. All these products use catchy headlines to lure customers. What if they say, you will earn $1000 daily. You won't start with $1000 as soon as you start. First, you will get $100, then some more and some days there won't be any profit. A toddler can't run like Usain Bolt and become champion in a day.