Location Location Location?

Discussion in 'Buying & Selling Real Estate' started by Investor, Jun 29, 2015.

1. MoneyFiend

MoneyFiend Member

A small house in an ideal location would take my vote. A smaller property could mean less annual maintenance and could see more profits being used for future investments. The location being ideal would produce more interest from brokers or renters and would allow you to minimize time spent without occupation.

2. Corzhens

Corzhens Senior Investor

Unless you are rich, the investment open now is small houses on small lots as small as 50 square meters. For the lower middle class, there are lots sized at 100 square meters up to 200 square meters. For the middle class, most invest in condos which is the popular choice nowadays. But I still say that a house and lot is a more practical investment because you completely own it unlike a condo where you are just a part owner and have no part in the decision-making.

3. edustadar001

edustadar001 Member

You are right. This is a big question, if the real estate area is within a possible flooding area or not. But usually these areas are low price areas. So at the end you are paying less money for that than for sure areas.

4. Corzhens

Corzhens Senior Investor

Right now, there is an ongoing widening of the main road here and what we are seeing is not good. They are raising the road by 1 meter. That is because that part of the road (that coincides with our village) is usually flooded when it rains hard. When it is done, there will be no floods anymore in the main road and the vehicles could go on without a snag. However, the water will be trapped in our village. Now, that's a sad situation we are getting into now. i just hope that they do something about the drainage otherwise we would be suffering.