Looking at the marijuana industry for long term investment. Your thoughts?

Discussion in 'Stock Market Forum' started by Stacked, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Stacked

Stacked Active Member

Hello all. I have some quick observations and questions regarding the "green rush" industry. It seems as if the tide is changing for the marijuana industry as states realize the potential for high (hem) revenues and sales. Seeing that most of these companies are listed as penny stocks, what are the chances that some of these companies make it big? The high reward, low risk is very intriguing.

Do you believe the time is just right around the corner for some of these companies to make it big? Where would you invest?

I have been thinking about investing into the horticulture, hydroponic, growing equipment market. My thinking here is that even if the pot industry doesnt pick up steam, the future of agriculture will be in the hands of these companies, taking into account water shortages and global warming. Thoughts here as well?
    Thanks all!

2. Lizard King

Lizard King New Member

Any symbols in particular you were looking at?

3. Dex

Dex Member

I've looked at CBIS PHOT and MJNA but haven't pulled the trigger. I know a few guys who got in before the start of the year and are sitting on a nice account right now

4. Gomer

Gomer Well-Known Member

I wonder what profitability looks like on marijuana.

5. mbailey

mbailey New Member

The view of marijuana is definitely changing throughout the United States. Profits are obviously important, however, I think that the speculative nature of the stocks is more important that the financial projections. Right now, Maryland is pushing to decriminalize or legalize marijuana. If Maryland did legalize marijuana, the company that got in first would surely see a rise in stock price. Also, other marijuana companies would see an increase just because of the domino effect. The best thing to do would be to research who is posed to jump at Maryland, and go with them. The barriers to enter the market would be tougher for other companies, causing a lag.

6. Pennystockdolla

Pennystockdolla New Member

$GWPH $GWPRF real company. Original weed stock. GWPH on the nasdaq. GWPRF is penny stock version. Medical marijuana documentary on CNN March 11 featuring GW Pharmaceuticals. Long term one the safest marijuana companies out there. Been out for years in Europe. Do some DD on it.

7. mramirsking

mramirsking Member

I would not know if marijuana is good for investment. I would have thought it was an illegal industry, unless I suppose its for medicinal purposes. Maybe its worth doing some research and look at the companies financial statements. I myself have never traded stocks but made a bit of money off forex, though I am interested in getting into stocks.

8. SteakTartare

SteakTartare Senior Investor

I did some reading on this a few weeks back. Some of the companies are really taking off. My main concern, however, is long term. The current administration is taking a very hands off approach with the nascent industry, but there is no telling what the next one will do. They could land on producers, distributors, retailers, etc., with both feet.

9. ZammyCash

ZammyCash Member

I would say you're bound to make quite a bit if you get in early, which it still is. Even if it stops rising at the rate it has so far, it will still rise. I think it will crash hard once the commotion ends but hey, that could take some years.

It is undoubtedly an interesting market to do some research on and maybe investing some small amounts for safety.

10. wanderingwildman

wanderingwildman Well-Known Member

This is a great idea stacked! But, my instincts are telling me that the long-term outlook for marijuana companies will fade away. It is extremely popular now because it has been forbidden for so long. I expect the stocks to see an initial boom. But, I think after a few years this craze will fade off into the distance.

Tags: